Southern Ontario Evergreen User Group
The first meeting falls after the annual Evergreen Conference and the 2nd in November. The inaugural meeting was held at the Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus, Niagara College on May 11, 2011.
Libraries represented at May 11, 2011 meeting: Niagara College, Mohawk College, Lincoln Public Library, Fort Erie Public Library, Pelham Public Library, Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library, North Bay Public Library and a representative from Project Sitka.
Agenda from first meeting:
Co-chaired by Gordana Vitez and Cynthia Williamson
Opening remarks – Gordana Vitez
- Participant Introductions
- Possible Topics for Discussion: Sharing reports, email notification, reports in SQL, fines/overdues, cataloguing – buckets, inventory, reserves.
- Additional discussion topics: Documentation–Sitka, Indiana documentation, listservs for additional documentation suggestions, fines, overdues, email notices.
As this was the first meeting of the user group, some time was devoted to the attendees and how they would like to see the meeting progress.
Afternoon Breakout sessions
- Circulation: libraries discussed workflows for handling overdue notices, discussion on time-consuming nature of overdues.
- Cataloguing: libraries shared cataloguing tips and tricks.
- Reports: Mark Bucholtz took us through some of the Evergreen database schema, gave us some tips for finding tables and columns, and created an SQL statement to find “Claims Returned” items.