IRC developer meeting for October 2009
See also: Meeting Minutes for October 2009
- 1.6 release status
- Status of reported bugs (mailing list & Trac)
- George's reported acq bugs http://markmail.org/message/sigdiicqsxi5ds2d
- Repke's Vandelay attempts:
- Authority record import http://markmail.org/message/fu7lvbft5ku3grip
- Importing MFHD monographic holdings records separate from bibliographic records
- Invalid date of birth: http://markmail.org/message/afhfpsb2osh4qron
- Conify (particularly Hours of Operation and Addresses) - Trac Ticket #68
- others … ?
- Aside: we should post a response to a bug posted on the mailing list if the reported bug is fixed, even if we also enter that bug in the bug tracker; with a link to the pertinent commit + bug
- OpenSRF - we need to cut an OpenSRF release to match Evergreen 1.6 (but wait… shouldn't that be tested first? OH NOES!)
- Translations - put out a call after 1.6.0, roll translations into 1.6.1?
- Outstanding patches:
- Bookbag-as-RefWorks from Warren Layton, August 4th (http://markmail.org/message/xnn3ls5fxmaysgzv)
- Lowering the barriers to participation
- There haven't been many patches submitted from outside of the committer team - are there things that we can do to increase participation from the rest of the community?
- Bug tracking and QA
- Is there general agreement that we should put out a call for a QA team: bug testers & wranglers who would manage the public bug database & verify bugs & build tests to add to the test harness?
- Any interest in talking about non-Trac options? atz had mentioned self-hosted bugzilla; dbs has mentioned screw it, let's move to fully-hosted launchpad
- Release process
- miker's model of daily builds, automated testing, with each subsequent release cut directly from trunk?
- DVCS model of feature development in separate branches, with merges to trunk only when the feature has stabilized?
- Devs can do DVCS model today on their own branches, but would be nice to have a single repo that holds all of the branches - or perhaps at least a list of all the different locations that branches are hosted (github, launchpad, google code)
- Acquisitions (based on the survey, there was a strong interest in talking about acquisitions)
- oils_i18n_gettext, and all those untranslated things inserted into tables in 950.data.seed-values.sql without the pinned primary key values that oils_i18n_gettext needs
- Future development
- What's shaking in the near future?
- Any long term projects that we need to start laying the groundwork for now?
- Status of Craftsman and continued support/development?
- Monthly IRC Development meetings (re: Grace's survey to open-ils-dev)
dev/meetings/2009-10.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1