Table of Contents
July 2021 Developer Meeting
Date: 13 July 2021
Time: 3:00 pm Eastern / 12:00 pm Pacific
Location: #evergreen IRC channel on Libera
Action Items from Last Meeting
- JBoyer will for-really-this-time work with csharp to update mailman settings and make an announcement to the lists ahead of time.
- Open Bugs - 2533
- Pullrequests - 135
- Signedoff - 38
Updates Since Last Meeting
- Bugs Added - 41
- Pullrequest tag Added - 27
- Signedoff tag Added - 11
- Fix Committed - 16
- Offer official staff interface support for (modern) Edge?
- Pro: Edge is rebranded Chromium, so fundamental incompatibilities appear to be unlikely. Main risk may be popular be Edge-only add-ons.
- Con: would be another thing to test.
- Con: Some effort would be required around Hatch. There's a decent chance that the Chrome extension would Just Work, and it looks like it's possible to have Edge install extensions from the Chrome store, but a seamless experience probably entails getting the Hatch extension into the Edge store.
- Discussion: What does support mean?
- Actively testing on Edge, at least during major release milestones?
- Willingness to accept Edge compatibility bugs?
- Data point: staff interface is not obviously broken as of today
- Data point: this is coming from a Real Library inquiry, not just theoretical.
- Next Meeting is August 10, 2021
Feedback for New Features Under Development
- Thoughts on merging bug 1904036 as an optional menu entry for 3.8. (berick)
dev/meetings/2021-07-13.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1