Special Developer Meeting: Future of the Staff Client
- 10:00:00 a.m. Wednesday, Feburary 6, 2013 in America/Los_Angeles
- 1:00:00 p.m. Wednesday, February 6, 2013 in Canada/Eastern
- 18:00:00 Wednesday, February 6, 2013 in UTC
- Do we still need a staff client?
- Go entirely web-based?
- local sqlite db for client
- scheduled uploads to main db at intervals
- client-side data checking
- no direct manipulation or update of data by staff-client user.
- Have a minimal staff client for things like label printing?
- Move as much as possible to chrome (client-side XUL)
- perhaps even including fieldmapper metadata?
- Pro: reduce latency and network traffic due to loading staff client UI elements
- Pro: potentially simplify Apace caching configuration
- Con: makes it more time-consuming to tweak and test staff UI changes, particularly if you're not running a Linux client
- Removal of Dojo from staff client (proposal by Thomas Berezansky)
- WebSockets (proposal by Bill Erickson)
- Objective third-party performance analysis to identify bottlenecks in the system. Future decisions on changes to staff client or other pieces of the Evergreen architecture could be based on evidence from this analysis. (proposal by Kathy Lussier)
dev/meetings/future_of_staff_client.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1