Table of Contents
June 6 DIG Meeting Notes
Karen Collier, Kent County Public Library (facilitator); Jenny Turner, PALS; Anoop Atre, PALS; Robert Soulliere, Mohawk College; Yamil Suarez, Berklee College of Music; Gary Collum, Kenton County Public Library; Dan Scott, Laurentian University; Joe Lewis, University of Denver (GSoC); Lori Ayre, Galecia Group; Roni Shwaish, eiNetwork; June Rayner, eiNetwork.
Updates from Groups:
Reports Group – Jenny Turner:
- Reports Group has had some contributions, specifically existing report template: http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/1.6/draft/html/report-exporting-report-templates-using-phpPgAdmin.html. Thanks for Yamil and Tim Spindler for their contributions to this project. Would to confirm it works in 2.0 before adding to the 2.0 documentation. Jenny will ask at Reports meeting on Weds.
System Admin (Roni Shwaish / June Rayner):
- Meeting scheduled tomorrow to go over outline and see what’s missing. Potentially some database documentation to add that we talked about briefly with Robert S.
OPAC / Staff – no report
Docbook Conversion – Robert Soulliere:
- Documentation repository moved to the official Evergreen site at http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen-DocBook.git;a=summary . We will maintain the github repository to take advantage of Github’s web interface features (e.g. editing pages using a browser). https://github.com/rsoulliere/Evergreen-DocBook. The repositories are currently synchronized on a nightly scheduled, but the schedule can be adjusted.
- Updated the database schema appendix for 2.0, link is http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/html/databaseschema.html. Changed some of the formatting to move away from using xml/html tables to more plain text format. The main reason for the swith is that the processing of the large number of talbes was killing the PDF processor and causing all sorts of errors.
- Created a Postgresql function to generate the permissions list with descriptions. http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/html/permissions_appendix.html. Code for the function is in the repository at http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen-DocBook.git;a=blob_plain;f=tools/permissions_to_docbook_function.sql. Next step is finding permissions experts to update the content of the description fields.
Evergreen Feature List – Lori Bowen Ayre:
- Posted today on the General List at http://pastebin.ca/2075683
- Needs to be vetted by people actually using Evergreen – needs more volunteers. Contact Lori if you’re interested.
- It’s currently living on Google docs pending a better solution.
- June and Jenny are helping with circ, cataloging, serials, and acq (in reverse order).
Release Coordinators – Tim Spindler and Yamil Suarez – report by Yamil Suarez
- So far, divided some tasks, for example Tim will check code commits for new features, etc, and Yamil for forcus on formatting DocBook content.
- Yamil will also “bump up” documentation version numbers and download URLs when a new EG stable version comes out.
- Yamil and Tim will look for uncategorized documentation related bugs in Launch Pad.
- Identify other basic pages that exist in the 1.6 docs that can be easily moved to the 2.0 docs, part of the long term goad to match up the documentation with releases.
First Monday is July 4th a U. S. Holiday. Next meeting will be July 11 at 2:30 EDST
evergreen-docs/dig_meetings/20110606-minutes.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1