DIG Meeting Agenda and Minutes - October 4, 2022
This meeting will be held via videoconference beginning at 2 p.m. EDT/11 a.m. PDT. Current and future DIG participants are encouraged to attend, and any interested members of the Evergreen Community are welcome as well.
For updates, notifications, and discussions please sign up for the Evergreen Documentation Discussion List.
Agenda and Minutes
- Introductions & Check-in: Andrea BN, Britta D, Debbie L, Gina M, Jennifer P, and Susan M in attendance
- Pet Show & Tell: Frances Pringle made an appearance and Gina's cat announced its presence
- Library Settings Spreadsheet: Review settings and populate additional columns as much as possible in October, to discuss at the November DIG and have a draft ready to go to committees after that
- Andrea shared Global Flags documentation she contributed, from work Erica R. did
- Other Business:
- Committers will be poked about 3.9.1 release. Andrea and Jennifer will do release notes!
- Presentation: Release notes and translating "tech-speak," Andrea Buntz Neiman –Thanks, Andrea!!
- Next meeting: November 3 (Which is during Bug-Squashing Week!)
- Topic: Process for committing documentation, Jennifer Pringle
At the May 2018 Documentation Interest Group (DIG) meeting in person at the Evergreen International Conference in St. Charles, Missouri, it was agreed that DIG meetings would alternate each month between meetings that were half agenda, half collaboration in one month, and a full meeting length of working on the documentation in the other month.
At the November 2020 DIG meeting on IRC, it was agreed that DIG would move the collaboration/working months to a videoconference platform and continue having the business meetings on IRC.
At the June 2022 meeting of DIG's Core Committers and Leaders, it was agreed to switch completely to videoconference meetings, unless a formally recorded vote on something is needed.