DIG Meeting Agenda and Minutes - November 3, 2022
This meeting was held via videoconference beginning at 2 p.m. EDT/11 a.m. PDT. Current and future DIG participants are encouraged to attend, and any interested members of the Evergreen Community are welcome as well.
For updates, notifications, and discussions please sign up for the Evergreen Documentation Discussion List.
- Introductions & Check-in: We all caught up and introduced ourselves since there were some new attendees!
- Pet Show & Tell: Several pets were present but not very interested in paying attention to the meeting
- Library Settings Spreadsheet: Finalize draft for other committees
- How to find seed data for defaults (Gina): Discussion about defaults
- Need help with links to docs on the spreadsheet
- Version Notes column added to spreadsheet–Jennifer W. can help with populating the version notes
- It's okay for other IGs to start looking at the spreadsheet now even though we're also still working on it
- Hack-a-way [and Bug Squashing Week] Recap
- New features in 3.10: We'll look at this in December
- Huge kudos to Andrea N., Jennifer P., and Jennifer W. for doing the 3.9.1 Release Notes!
- Other Business:
- New releases
- Presentation: Process of committing documentation, Jennifer Pringle: Jennifer gave a great presentation on contributing documentation to the official manual. Also–the Sitka Git repo for docs is public!
- Next meeting: December 1
- Topic: Holidays party! Also, the spreadsheet update and Gina talking about how to preview changes
At the May 2018 Documentation Interest Group (DIG) meeting in person at the Evergreen International Conference in St. Charles, Missouri, it was agreed that DIG meetings would alternate each month between meetings that were half agenda, half collaboration in one month, and a full meeting length of working on the documentation in the other month.
At the November 2020 DIG meeting on IRC, it was agreed that DIG would move the collaboration/working months to a videoconference platform and continue having the business meetings on IRC.
At the June 2022 meeting of DIG's Core Committers and Leaders, it was agreed to switch completely to videoconference meetings, unless a formally recorded vote on something is needed.