Table of Contents
Please introduce yourself using the #info command. For example:
#info tay_tay is Taylor Swift, Wyomissing Public Library
Develop consensus on project requirements
The following agenda items are based on the Proposed project requirements document.
- Do the values listed in the requirements document work for everybody?
- Any discussion points here?
- Any discussion points here?
- Gather requirements from users (idea from remingtron)
- Let's consider getting feedback from documentation users to help guide our efforts. Maybe a broad survey to understand general needs.
- Some of the following questions are borrowed from another open source project's recent docs survey:
- How do you use Evergreen? (sys admin, staff client admin, circ superuser, circ normal user)
- How often while using Evergreen do you want help?
- Where is the first place you go for help? (supervisor, coworker, IRC, printed/handwritten notes, online documentation, youtube, my library's training documentation)
- What are you looking for when you seek out information on Evergreen?
- User Guides
- New Features and Version Info
- Best practices on how to use Evergreen as an end user
- Installation Documentation
- Technical Specs
- Development Documentation
- In learning materials for Evergreen, which medium(s) would work best for you?
- HTML on the website
- PDFs with text and screenshots
- Short topical videos
- Which sources have you used to find answers about using Evergreen?
- Official Evergreen website (www.evergreen-ils.org)
- Official Evergreen Documentation website (docs.evergreen-ils.org)
- Evergreen Wiki (wiki.evergreen-ils.org)
- My library's training materials
- Are the documents and files you found on evergreen-ils.org what you expected or needed?
- No, it did not meet my needs or was confusing
- Somewhat, but a few things were missing or confusing
- Yes, I was completely satisfied
- I do not use the website evergreen-ils.org
- How difficult was the installation?
- FREE FORM QUESTIONS
- Which of the existing documentation options have you found the most useful, and why? (or as a rating question)
- Is there any documentation you were unable to find or would like to see? (or "Have you had questions you were not able to answer using the docs?")
- What ongoing challenges do you face when using Evergreen documentation / training materials?
- Is there anything else that you would like to add or change about the Evergreen documentation?
Specifically, let's talk about:
- Platform (Asciidoc vs. flossmanuals vs. something else)?
- If consensus on Asciidoc, how to create crosslinks?
- Which audiences should we target? For this discussion, we can use remingtron's draft as a starting place
These people would be responsible for individual "books"
Testing and assessment plan
If we have time, it would be great to come up with a plan for testing these reorganized docs on end-users. It would also be good to work towards a plan for assessing this work.
If we have time, it would also be nice to start filling in the timeline on the requirements doc.
evergreen-docs/reorg_2014/agenda_2016-02-10.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1