Web Staff Client Workflow and Label Changes
- In the dekstop staff client, Search for patron by barcode and Retrieve patron by Database ID are discrete items in the Search menu. In the web-based staff client, all patron search methods are accessible by clicking Search -> Search for patrons, and expanding the search options by clicking the drop down arrow.
- In the desktop staff client, you can search for patrons using a variety of criteria, including opac login. In the web-based staff client, this field is labeled username. In addition, the Circulation menu offers a way to Retrieve patron by barcode.
- The horizontal and vertical patron summary display option in the desktop staff client has been replaced by a vertical patron summary display in the web-based staff client. You can hide the patron summary so that you can view more fully the selected patron’s account.
- In the desktop staff client, you can retrieve recent circulations on an item by retrieving an item’s status and clicking Show Last Few Circulations. In the web-based staff client, this information is located in an item’s circulation history and can be retrieved by clicking Search -> Search for Copies by Barcode -> Detail View -> Circ History List.
- The XUL staff client includes an Edit menu that enables you to copy and edit record buckets and replace barcodes. In the web-based staff client, you can use the Cataloging menu to access record buckets and the Circulation menu to replace barcodes.
- In the XUL staff client, you can click Circulation -> Show Item Status by Barcode to access the Item Status page. In the web-based staff client, click Search -> Search for Copies by Barcode to access an item’s status.
- In the desktop staff client, Browse Holds Shelf and Clear Holds Shelf are discrete items in the Circulation menu. In the web-based staff client, both of these functions can be accessed by clicking Circulation -> Holds Shelf.
- In the XUL staff client, Circulation -> Place Hold takes you to the catalog search page to begin the holds process. This menu item has been deleted from the Circulation menu in the web-based staff client. Use the patron’s account or search the catalog to place a hold.
evergreen-docs/web_staff_client_workflow_and_label_changes.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1