Getting Started This document is still in progress. I plan to add images soon.
Start in Admin -> Local System Administration -> Reports.
1. Under My Folders, in Templates, create a folder name (or names) for the various types of report templates you might be creating. For instance, you could name one Circ, one Patrons, one Items, one Holds, and etc. For now, if you want the folders to list in alphabetical order, create them in alphabetical order. See, Templates, Definitions, and Reports on creating your own templates.
2. Still under My Folders, in Reports, create the same folder names.
3. Do the same under Output.
To run a report from a shared template that has already been created by the PINES staff.
Click on Templates under Shared Folders. Go to Admin -> Core PINES Templates -> and then pick your report type.
1. For your basic monthly circulation transactions report, pick Monthly Circ by Circulation Modifier or any other template under Core PINES Templates -> Ciculation.
2. Put a check mark by it. Make sure "Create a new report from selected template" is showing in the box above and click Submit.
3. Give the report a name & description.
4. Choose a folder that you created under your Reports folder to store this report in. This is why you have created folders in My Folders ahead of time.
5. You can choose recurring report and a recurrence interval if you like. The recurrence date happens on the day of the month, week, or day, that you first run the report - so if you first run it, or set it to run, on the 10th, and set the report to recur monthly, you'll get your next monthly report on the 10th. Or, you can set the report to run on anoerther date if you change the date for Run at: yyyy-mm-dd
6. Set your parameters. Choose your check out date and time - for a monthly report, it will be year + month - by clicking on the calendar widget. If you click any date in Sept. you'll get the Sept. 2006 month. (Leave Real Date selected for a single report; a choice of a relative date would be used for a recurring report, so you don't have to set the "real date" every month.)
7. Click Add to add it to the list of dates chosen.
8. Select your Circulating Library OU ID. OU stands for Organizational Unit ID. If you want to run this for more than one library or for the library system, do not select just the regional name. Use Control-Click or Shift-Click to select multiple libraries.
9. Click Add to put the library(ies) in the list.
10. Leave Excel output checked to get an Excel report. If you want CSV data, you can check that as well. The HTML will provide Bar Charts or Line Charts if selected.
9. Click to run ASAP or the date and time you want it to run and be sure to put in your email notification address. You will receive an email with a link to a web page from which you download the Excel file. The option to view Excel files from within the Staff Client itself is not avaialble until our next Evergreen release.
10. Select an Output folder - again, that's why you set those Output folders up ahead of time. This will be one of the folders you created under "My Folders".
11. Click to save the report. This also indicates for the report to run, if it was an "ASAP" report.
12. You will get an email notification when the report is finished running. Go to the link within your email to get the report and login with your Evergreen login.
13. You can view the report's status that you ran by going into My Folders -> Output -> the name you created for your Output folder. This will show you if the report is still running or when the report is completed. You can view the report by checking the box and clicking on Submit for "View Report Output".
Currently, you cannot view the output of the report via Excel within the Evergreen client. We will need to download a new Evergreen release before this is functional.