Table of Contents
Evergreen Release 1.2.0
Release date: 2007-10-08
Contributors (work in progress)
This release adds functionality, performance, and usability improvements, and simplifies installing and configuring, in the following areas: Installing and configuring
- OpenSRF has been separated out into its own package. OpenSRF 0.9 is now a prerequisite for Evergreen 1.2
- To ease installation on older and newer Linux distributions, either of the Net::Z3950::ZOOM or the deprecated Net::Z3950 Perl modules satisfy the Z39.50 client prerequisite
- To eliminate one redundant configuration file, bootstrap.conf has been replaced throughout by opensrf_core.xml
- Sorting of call numbers within a location in the record details display
- New default theme with generic Evergreen branding
- To enable easy customization of the catalog interface:
- All color elements are defined in the opac/theme/*/css/colors.css file.
- All text strings are defined in the opac/locale/en-US/opac.dtd file.
- Support for serving static content (images, JS, and CSS) from alternate hosts. This enables faster page loads and reduces problems from failed added-content remote services.
- Search indexes no longer use a stop words list by default. A title search on "it or not" now returns "Believe it or not" if you hold that in your collection.
- Field-specific search behavior exposed in the SlimPAC. Searching of, for instance, only title proper or only main author.
- New permission to prevent importing of records with alternate TCN's
- Alphabetical sorting for bucket lists
- Summarized item counts in Holdings Maintenance interface
- Batch record deletion (i.e. remove from catalog) option in record bucket interface
- Disallow editing of Owning Lib for pre-cataloged items
- Library filter for patron search
- Filters for item in-transit list
- Annotate payment for all payment types
- Less strict phone numbers format in patron editor (to allow for additional information)
- New collections API call for "users owing money" for collection agency
- Updated collections API to support aging debt
- Patron service opt-in functionality. As an optional global setting, when a patron first visits a branch, staff will be prompted to get the patron's permission to access his or her record.
- Hot-key for "Re-Print Last Receipt" function
- Ability to download files from within the staff client from the reporting interface and portal page
- Various staff client performance improvements
- Allow pop-up windows (and new windows) from staff client portal page and other embedded interfaces
- Enable user to replace an existing file when saving a file in the staff client (for example, when saving local templates)
- Friendlier error notification for actions that cause volume label collisions
Bug Fix Highlights
- Fix item mark-lost function to prevent a prematurely closed transaction
- Catch redundant barcode scans during checkout while a checkout is still processing
- Fix for the %PATRON_BARCODE% macro in the bill_payment receipt template
- Fix for workstation registration to disallow selection of abstract libraries like PINES as the workstation library
history/feature_list_1_2_0.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1