Release Notes for Evergreen version 220.127.116.11
- SlimPAC: Under rare circumstances, searches could ignore the requested search type (such as title or author) and instead perform a keyword search.
- Closed Dates Editor (Staff Client, Local Admin): Dates did not always display, or displayed incorrectly.
- Hold Shelf display (Staff Client, Circulation): If only one hold was on the hold shelf, it would not display.
- Force This Action override (Staff Client, Circulation): Previously, multiple events tied to one item could not be overridden in one step.
- Copy Details (OPAC): Copy information displayed incorrectly if organizational hierarchy was more than three levels deep. (Patch from James Fournie / SITKA).
- Offline/Standalone Client: Transaction list would not clear unless the transactions were printed.
- Hold Targeter: Enhancement to the holds targeter to make it more efficient and reduce load.
- Spine Labels (Staff Client, Cataloging): The top margin of the first label was misaligned by a small amount.
- Spine Labels (Staff Client, Cataloging): When adding items, there was database lag time affecting label printing.
- Authority Record Import (Staff Client, Z39.50 Importer): Authority record import not functioning correctly.
- Patron Holds (Staff Client, Circulation): Display for patron’s holds showed all the holds the patrons had ever placed, whether active or not.
- Z39.50 Client (Staff Client): When searching multiple sources, the display rendering could become unreadable.
- Renewing Checkouts (Staff Client, Circulation): Critical fix for issues surrounding staff renewing multiple items for a patron.
- MARC Editor (Staff Client, Cataloging): Provides a default record type-behavior when the record is incorrectly coded. Note that this function does not replace the improper record type; it simply assigns a default behavior in the event an unrecognized record type is entered.
- MARC Editor (Staff Client, Cataloging): Copy/Cut/Paste context menus are now available for all editable fields. Right-click in an editable field, and the menus pop up.
- MARC Editor (Staff Client, Cataloging): Authority validation made even more strict, to avoid failing validation on floating subdivisions within a MARC field.
- Item Attribute Editor, Volume-Copy Editor (Staff Client): Templates now sort alphabetically. Note: templates in lower case will precede templates in upper case.
- Holdings Maintenance (Staff Client, Local Administration): Allows a choice between "alert on last copy" and "delete with last copy" for bibliographic records.
- Billing interface (Staff Client, Circulation): Billing retrieval now much faster due to new API (programming).
- Patron Search (Staff Client): Improved autofocus, which controls how and where the cursor defaults for data entry.
- Z39.50 Client (Staff Client): PQN search feature restored. PQN (for Prefix Query Notation) is a powerful search tool used by some catalogers for direct querying of Z39.50 servers. To see it in action, try
@mosher beer(the equivalent of the keyword search,
mosher and beer) or try this more complex search:
@or papazian @attr 1=21 beer(a search for
papazian or beerexcept that the first term can be anywhere, while the second term must be in the subject field). Note: found under label,
- User names used in the example configuration files simplified
- Various translation cleanups
- Avoid entirely empty searches (database performance issue)
- Apache example configuration tidying
history/release_notes_1_4_0_6.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1