Table of Contents
Upgrading from Evergreen 1.2.2 to 1.2.3
Installing the new version
- Download and unpack http://www.open-ils.org/downloads/Evergreen-ILS-188.8.131.52.tar.gz in a temporary directory.
- Make a backup copy of all your files, but especially the
- Stop Apache. On some systems this can be accomplished by doing 'sudo service apache2 stop'.
- Stop Evergreen:
su - opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a stop_all
(You may have to change the paths to match your installation.)
- Perform the server_installation steps relevant to your platform; typically you can skip the prerequisites and go directly to the section that includes
make configand ends with
make install. WARNING: You will DESTROY your Evergreen database if you supply 'openils_all evergreen_core' for the Build_targets part of 'make config'. Instead, use the following Build_targets:
openils_core openils_web openils_reporter openils_client_xul openils_server_xul evergreen_core
- Start Evergreen:
sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_router sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_perl sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_c sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/autogen.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u
- Apply new Apache configuration (selfcheck login proxy) to /etc/apache2/eg_vhost.conf (or similar)
<LocationMatch .*/selfcheck.xml> SetHandler perl-script PerlSetVar OILSProxyTitle "Selfcheck Login" PerlSetVar OILSProxyDescription "Please log in to activate the selfcheck interface" PerlSetVar OILSProxyPermissions "STAFF_LOGIN" PerlHandler OpenILS::WWW::Proxy Options +ExecCGI PerlSendHeader On allow from all </LocationMatch>
- Start Apache. On some systems this can be accomplished by doing 'sudo service apache2 start'.
Database Schema Upgrade
To support the new search infrastructure available in 1.2.3 some new database components must be added. An SQL script is provided to alleviate any need to work with the database by hand. Database upgrade procedures for at least version 184.108.40.206 must be in place before running this script. Instructions for upgrading from 1.2.0 or 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 through 22.214.171.124 can be found here.
These instructions assume that PostgreSQL is running on the local machine, there is a database called 'evergreen', a database user called 'evergreen' and a database password of 'password'. Modify these settings as required.
- To upgrade the database schema, issue the following commands against the Evergreen database:
$ cd Evergreen-ILS-126.96.36.199/Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/ $ PGUSER=postgres PGHOST=127.0.0.1 psql evergreen -W -f 188.8.131.52-184.108.40.206-upgrade.sql Password: [password]
If you encounter any errors with this upgrade script please contact the developers on the open-ils-dev mailing list.