User Tools

Site Tools


community:meetings:2011-04-01

Community meeting: April 1, 2011

Held at:

  • 11:00:00 a.m. Friday April 1, 2011 in America/Los_Angeles
  • 02:00:00 p.m. Friday April 1, 2011 in Canada/Eastern
  • 07:00:00 p.m. Friday April 1, 2011 in UTC

Last meeting's minutes: 2011-03-01

Log

Prior to the meeting

  • Please fill out Who's who if you want to be identified more readily in the future

Agenda & Minutes

  1. (5 minutes) Introductions / roll call; paste "/me is <name> <affiliation>" to identify who you are and what organization, if any, you represent
  2. (2 min) Find a volunteers to:
    1. Run the meeting: Ben Shum (bshum) / Bibliomation, Inc.
    2. Take minutes: Amy Terlaga (afterl) / Bibliomation, Inc.
  3. (10 min) Review action items from last meeting
    1. Amy Terlaga will follow-up with Brian Feifarek and Lori Ayre via email about community servers upgrade.
      • STATUS: Amy followed up with Lori who followed up with Brian. There is now a current version of Evergreen available as a community server.
    2. Lori is collecting success stories and will work with Web team to post once she has 5 or 6.
      • STATUS: Lori has collected five; she will discuss with the web team at their next meeting (4/7/2011)
    3. Amy Terlaga will put an e-mail to the list for volunteers with the DIY interest group.
      • STATUS: Amy put out a call on the general and developers lists; Ben Shum will lead the group and has already brainstormed with other sys admins on some topics for discussion during the meeting.
    4. Track down DIG volunteer names for interest group.
      • STATUS: Amy has confirmed that Karen Collier will be coming to the conference and will lead the DIG meeting.
    5. Need to send out a call for volunteers to help beef up documentation on reports – both the outline of what’s needed on the DIG wiki and actual documentation for reporting (SQL, other ‘advanced’ topics).
      • STATUS: Jenny Turner put a call out at the reports task force meeting. No takers. She will put a call out on the DIG list. This is a follow-up agenda item.
  1. (5 min) Communications committee & Website Team report and discussion (Lori Ayre reporting):

Two surveys have been completed by the web team - a survey that establishes the needs of the community and a survey of the current website. We are looking for ways to make changes to the current site. We are also close to having a long term plan to the online Evergreen ecosystem. All things WebTeam/Communications committee live here: http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=webteam

  1. (5 min) Conference committee (Amy Terlaga reporting)

Update: As of last Monday, March 28, there were 153 attendees signed up for the conference. Presentation materials were due on March 31st for the flashdrives. ESI and PINES are planning an after hours event the first evening of the conference. There is a vendor reception the second evening of the conference. There will be dine arounds and a pub crawel the last evening of the conference. There are representatives from Amsterdam and Ethiopia registered.

  1. (5 min) Documentation Interest Group (Robert Soulliere reporting)

Update: Updated DIG info page: http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:dig

Added information to the community test server; added additional DIG roles: http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:digparticipants; Kathy Lussier volunteered for Public OPAC/staff tasks Content Coordinator; Jenny Turner volunteered for Reports Coordinator; still need section authors volunteers who can volunteer for writing and editing sections; Robert Soulliere volunteered for DocBook Conversion Coordinator See the following outlines:

1.6 outline: http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:outline
2.0 outline: http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs_2.0:outline

Still need the following roles filled - -Administration/Development Content Coordinator (someone who works with a lot of developers (e.g. participates at each dev meeting), has good understanding of sound technical documentation practices and understand documentation needs in these areas) -Style Coordinator (have someone with web/documentation style experience or ideas and has experience with DocBook style sheets.) Question: Is anyone working on "Public Access Catalog" documentation for version 2.0 or can add URL pointers to the outline to existing documentation? There are many differences between 1.6 and 2.0 so it would be nice to illustrate these differences in the official documentation for 2.0. Response (Lori Ayre): we are trying to get the 2.0 patron interface up on Brian's demo server. Reminder that The DIG Interest Group meeting/hackfest at the Evergreen Conference will take place at 10:00-12:00 on Wednesday, April 27. Question (Lori Ayre): Any reason the Documentation section at http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php should live there instead of on DIG pages where all other documentation is? Answer (Robert Soulliere): The wiki pages go back to a time before the official documentation pages. Many things have been migrated. Anoop Atre suggested that this be discussed at the next community meeting.

  1. (5 min) Reports Taskforce report (Jenny Turner reporting)

Update: The last taskforce meeting was held on Wednesday, March 30th. Notes from past meetings are posted here: http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-reports:taskforce_meetings. The taskforce hopes to recruit new members at the conference. We are generating ideas for the taskforce's interest group meeting discussion. A current listing can be found in our Google Group discussion, “2011 International Evergreen Conference Reports Task Force Meeting Ideas:” http://groups.google.com/group/open-ils-reports. The Task Force meets on Wed, April 27 from 10 am to noon.

  1. (5 min) Developer report (Dan Scott reporting)

Update: Google Summer of Code has attracted a fair bit of attention from potential students, a number of applications have been submitted; still one week to go before application period closes. Lots of focus on bug fixes for 2.0; 2.0.5 should be out soon with even more fixes. Many thanks to those sites who are helping find and report those problems. Lots of progress on 2.1 release; a beta should be available soon. Some great enhancements in areas like circulation rules thanks to the likes of tsbere (Thomas Berezansky, MassLNC); work on multi-volume sets being done (http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/19884) Lots of bug reports coming in

  1. (5 min) Governance Committee report (Dan Scott reporting)

Update: The Governance committee is close to signing with the Software Freedom Conservancy - a list of those who will be signing the contract needs to be provided to the SFC. The Governance Committee has also agreed to adopt some basic rules of governance this year, in time for the conference. The Committee will also work on refining those rules so that an election process is adopted over the course of the next year. Perhaps most important is the designated role of the Governance Committee: "The Board is the central administrative body of the Project. The Board is responsible for the overall policy and direction of the Project. The Board does not generally implement practices, but instead relies on the recognized community leadership within the Project" There is a Governance Committee Update the last morning of the conference.

  1. (5 min) Schedule next meeting: We will schedule the next meeting for sometime after the April conference. We will do this through the lists.

–Notes provided by Amy Terlaga / afterl

community/meetings/2011-04-01.txt · Last modified: 2011/07/04 17:55 by bshum

© 2008-2017 GPLS and others. Evergreen is open source software, freely licensed under GNU GPLv2 or later.
The Evergreen Project is a member of Software Freedom Conservancy.