Table of Contents
User Interface Interest Group
This is a new interest group that will collaborate to standardize the Evergreen user interface and establish a design system, including a component pattern library and a written style guide.
https://groups.google.com/a/evergreen-ils.org/g/ui-group is a dedicated mailing list for the new UI group.
The group will meet on the 4th Thursday of the month at 2pm Eastern.
January 25, 2024 (No meeting in December!)
- June 6, 2023 - Agenda and notes
The group will start with several small projects to standardize some elements of the Evergreen interface. The Design System Roadmap shows how these fit into the long-term plan.
- Coming soon:
- Table column widths
- Form input types and autocomplete
- Empty states ("no results found" and the like)
- UI Inventory in AirTable (on hold while we figure out accounts)
The long-term goal will be to create a comprehensive design system for Evergreen, including guidelines for governance of UI decisions.
This group organizes its work using the following official tags in Launchpad:
- accessibility: accessibility concerns & assistive tech (including screen readers, WCAG compliance, alt tags, etc.)
- terminology: wording issues; may be combined with ux-styleguide but is more specific
- usability: user interfaces, user experience, and general usability
- ux-buttons: User experience for buttons (wording, color, hover/focus states, etc.)
- ux-empty-states: User experience for default states ("nothing added yet", "no results found")
- ux-error-messages: On-screen error messages (not console logs)
- ux-forms: Usability issues with forms (may be further subdivided)
- ux-form-hints: Form field formatting hints, instructions, and placeholders
- ux-form-validation: Form validation issues
- ux-keyboard: Keyboard navigation, focus, and tab order
- ux-links: Link issues
- ux-menus: Issues with the wording, placement, or contents of navigation menus
- ux-preferences: UI-related user preferences
- ux-styleguide: Editorial style guide issues
New tags may be canonized using the ux- prefix.