Table of Contents
Evergreen 2.11 Documentation Needs (deprecated, see 2.12_needs)
Also, based on the Release notes for 2.10
Copy the HTML code below to update the status of an item:
- Assign yourself:
<html><span style="color:blue;font-weight:bold">[your name]</span></html>([your name])
- Add a status:
<html><span style="color: green;font-weight: bold"> COMPLETE!</span></html>(COMPLETE!)
High level workflow for documenting new EG features
These are the high-level steps we take to document new features:
- Look at the new feature docs to do list (this page) and sign yourself up for documenting a new feature
- You will need a EG community wiki account to edit wiki pages, just email firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
- Look over the release notes entry for the feature you picked and decide
- if the feature warrants a new section in the official manual (For 9/10/2015, see: http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/dev/) to explain the new feature
- or just a bit of new content in an existing section that is related to the new feature.
- Maybe what is needed is to replace an existing screenshot in the docs with a newer screenshot that shows off or demonstrates the new feature
- Once you decide how the new feature should be documented follow the standard steps to contribute documentation to DIG
NOTE: Sometimes you can reuse almost all of the text in the new feature release note for use in the official docs, but sometime you have to come up with significant edits to the original release notes text.
- Add Date Header to Action Trigger Email/SMS Templates
- Tablefunc Extension No Longer Required
- Purge User Activity
- SIP Renewals
- Treat SIP Location Field as Login Workstation
Authority Record Import Updates Editor, Edit Date.- Jane S. - done! Authority Propagation Updates Bib Editor / Edit Date- Jane S. - done! Bibliographic record source now copied to 901$s- Jane S. - done! Selectable Bibliographic Source Update- Jane S. - done!
- Copy Alerts - Angela -Done, need to commit
- Staff Client Honors Aged Circulations
- "Canceled Transit" Item Status - Debbie in progress
- Copy Status "Is Available" Flag - Debbie COMPLETE!
- Email Checkout Receipts - Angela -Done, need to commit
- Set Per-OU Limits on Allowed Payment Amounts
- Additional Fields Available for Display in Some Interfaces
- Merge Notification Preferences Tables in TPAC
- Improved Holds Screens in My Account - Jeanette L.
- Statistically generated Record Ratings (Popularity) - Angela -Done, need to commit
- Use the full release notes as the documentation
- NOTE: Batch admin interfaces are only available in the web staff client.
- Removal of Advanced Hold Options link when part holds are expected - Jeanette L.
Needs From Previous Versions
Remove items from the list below as they are completed (or confirmed to be already complete).
Borrow Chapters from Evergreen In Action (from EG 2.2)
NOTE: May be able to convert HTML to AsciiDoc: https://github.com/asciidocfx/HtmlToAsciidoc/
- Controlling how holds are fulfilled
- Managing patron penalties and alerts
- Sending reminders to your users
- Care and feeding of Evergreen
- Preparing for disaster: saving your data
- Maximizing performance
- Staying current and secure
- Getting more help in the community
- Appendix A: Suggested Profile Permissions
PO Line Item "paid" labelAngela done Disencumber funds on invoice closeAngela done PO actions selector always visibleno changes to documentation needed
- Credit card receipts and privacy (May simply copy the release notes)
- Juvenile-to-adult batch script honors library setting
- New patron action/trigger notice
- sortable HTML reports
some documentation may need to be updated based on these changes
- Additional fixed fields
Quickly export non-imported recordsRemington DONE
- Link personal name/title series added entries
- MARC stream importer authority records and repairs Yamil in progress
- Change to MARC batch edit progress page
- Alternate parts selection display when placing holds
- web staff client patron editor browser client
- non-active status copy transit message
- selectively disallow opt-in based on patron's home library
- standing penalty ignore proximity
- Changes to self check interface when patron not logged in Jennifer in progress
- self check inactivity timeout Jennifer in progress
- duplicate search when registering patrons Jennifer in progress
Hold count column picker optionDebbie Complete!
- Distinct images for pop-ups and slips
- Editable borrowing history Jennifer in progress
- Patron history disable warning Jennifer in progress
Includes parts label when sorting copies in the public catalogDebbie completed
- Search scope depth selection
Limiter to exclude electronic resourcesAnna completed Expand unAPI APIJane S. completed
- New form/genre search and facet index
- Limit numbers of facets retrieved during search
- Password reset without an email address
- Change references to
TPACto say catalog, public catalog, or staff catalog as appropriate
- JSPAC was removed in 2.9, so TPAC is now the only catalog. And several people agreed on IRC that "OPAC" is less clear and should be avoided.
- EASY: Add release notes here as new chapter just before Chapter 75 ("Load MARC Order Records")
- Remove Script-Based Circulation Configuration
- EASY: Remove minor reference ("legacy circ scripts") from http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.7/_sip_communication.html
- Remove open-ils.penalty service
- EASY: Remove reference from http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.7/_evergreen_specific_opensrf_services.html
- EASY: Add to "Configure the Apache Web server" (within Chapter 8. Installing the Evergreen server)
- WAIT: Add to new section about Linked Data or TPAC Discoverability (Yamil?)
- EASY: Add release notes to Web Staff Client docs under new "Cataloging" chapter after "122. Circulation - Patron Record" - Jane S. browser client
- Conditional Negative Balances Kathy Partially complete Docs are updated, but I'm still working on a new billing section that explains the settings more clearly
Vandelay authority match sets- Jane S. Complete!
- Catalog page titles
- Subject Headings - Schema.org about properties.
- Electronic resources - schema.org url properties
- 1xx and 7xx fields - Schema.org Contributor property
- Linking out to related records
- Sitemap generator changes
- nofollow properties for links robots should not crawl.
- canonical property for record detail pages and library descriptions.
- 404 HTTP status code for non existing catalog pages and 410 HTTPS status code for deleted record pages.
- Open Graph Protocol for record detail and library pages.
New link to My ListsChristine B COMPLETE!
- MARC Stream Importer Command line options [Kathy]
- Added Content by ID [Stompro]
- Content Cafe Added Content Update [Jim Keenan]
- More RDA 264 tag support [Yamil]
(Yamil wants to collaborate with any new DIG members on this simple feature.)
- ALL COMPLETE!
- Support PO activation without loading copies into catalog - Should be added to chapter on PO's while moving PO chapter up - Kathy
- Differentiate between cancelled and "delayed" lineitems - Same as above - Kathy
- Default filter option for configuration screens - bitesize
- Purge holds [Stompro] Working GIST
- Patron barcode regex for patron registration
- Setting for Desk Renewal to use original circulating library
- Floating Groups - Note: Developer documentation is done, but could use review for readability and to add screenshots.
- Patron blocking by lost items and include lost as items out
- Print Single Item Receipt Submitted by Lynn Floyd, needs review
- Wrong-Shelf Holds in Clearable Shelf-Expired Holds List - Should be incorporated (with updated screenshots) in newly revived Holds documentation
- Adjustable font size in the staff client catalog - bitesize
- Standalone Mode Shortcut
- User Setting Defaults
- Added Content by Record ID [Stompro] Working GIST
- Conjoined items - update http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.4/_conjoined_items.html docs to update with tpac functionality and replace jspac screenshots with tpac screenshots.
- OPAC maintenance message [Stompro] Working GIST
- My List enhancements - Enhancements include improvement on navigation for My Lists by displaying a page number and allowing for navigation by page number; addition of pagination for items in a list; addition of My Lists Preferences tab in Account Preferences where users can identify the number of lists and the number of list items that should display in each page; and a prompt now displays when users select the Delete List button confirming that they really want to delete the list. Should be incorporated in My Lists documentation.Jessica
- Some new OPAC features (shelving location filter, set search context by shortname, RSS links to full catalog) should probably be incorporated in a larger "document the tpac" project.
- Support Reader Address Information in Routing Slip Template
- Support SIP Hold Cancellation - Looks like this adds a configuration option which should probably be incorporated when SIP Server docs are moved up.
- Return Hold ID to SIP - Probably requires some documentation since the use cases it support may not be immediately apparent.
- Acquisitions Inline Item Detail View - MassLNC/SITKA
- Acquisitions Lineitem Order Identifiers - MassLNC/SITKA
- Acquisitions Purchase Order and other Interface Improvements - MassLNC/SITKA
- Options to hide some user preferences - could be added to config.tt2 section of http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.3/_customizing_templates.html and/or in the Evergreen in Action Designing Your Catalog chapter.
- Search changes
- Two new Server Admin interfaces MARC Search/Facet Class FTS MAPS and MARC Search/Facet Field FTS Maps
- Google Books Preview - could be added to config.tt2 section of http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.3/_customizing_templates.html and/or in the Evergreen in Action Designing Your Catalog chapter.
- Vandelay Default Match Set can be incorporated into existing Vandelay match set documentation and/or in the Evergreen in Action Importing Materials in the Staff Client chapter
- Direct access to item attribute editor - ESI
Can be incorporated into Cataloging Templates docs (have not been ported over from 1.6 docs yet) and Hide Fields in Copy Editor docs (need to be ported over from: http://www.esilibrary.com/esi/docs/asciidoc/Hide_Fields_in_Copy_Editor_2.2_doc/Hide_Fields_in_Copy_Editor_2.2.txt.
- Clickable Patron Indicators - Can be incorporated in Patron record chapter wherever the indicators are mentioned. ESI
- Generic CSV Notification Generator/Receiver
- Staff Client
- Staff Client Search Preferences - Add as separate chapter to the Using the Staff Client section.
Older or Unknown Release
- Local Administration
- Age Overdue Circs to Lost
Barcode CompletionJosh Stompro COMPLETE!
- Cash Reports
- Copy Location Groups
- Copy Location Order
- Copy Locations Editor (Needs a pointer to existing documentation)
- Copy Template Editor (Needs a pointer to existing documentation)
- Do Not Attempt Auto-Print Setting
- Field Documentation
- Group Penalty Thresholds
- Hold Policies
- Item Attribute Editor
- Non-Cataloged Types Editor [Debbie L.]
- Notifications / Action Triggers
- Using the "Test" tab (currently supported for circ triggers)
- Patrons with Negative Balances Lynn Floyd
- Search Filter Groups
- Surveys Lynn Floyd on hold, major bug. LP#1573269
- Transit List Lynn Floyd
- Hold Targeting and Hold Targeting script
- Patron Requests/Acquisition requests - Notes Gist
- Server Administration
- Actor Stat Cat Sip Fields
- Age Hold Protect Rules
- Asset Stat Cat Sip Fields
- Billing Types
- Custom Org Unit Trees
- Global Flags
- Hard Due Date Changes
- Hold Matchpoint Weights
- Import Match Sets
- User Setting Types [Stompro]
- Database Backup and Restore Documentation Notes/In Progress Gist
- Loop-Based Hold Targeting & Pickup Location Weight Notes/In Progress Gist
- Override Permissions - need docs that explain that any event can have an override permission created.
- Z39.50 server setup - DBS docs on setting up Z39.50 Server
- Workstation Admin
- Receipt Templates - %SORT macro
- And everything else from the MASSLNC Receipt Template guide http://masslnc.org/node/2528
- Circulation History Tracking
- Holds History Tracking
- Hold Design - There doesn't seem to be anything that describes how holds work in the current documentation.
- A great start in the wiki by phasefx - http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=scratchpad:holds
- There is a presentation by Equinox - http://evergreen-ils.org/~corinne/Hippos_Final.ppt