DIG Agenda - November 1, 2018
This meeting will be held on the #evergreen channel on the Freenode IRC network (http://evergreen-ils.org/irc.php) beginning at 2pm EDT/ 11am PDT. Current and future DIG participants are encouraged to attend, and any interested members of the Evergreen Community are welcome as well.
This month's meeting will follow one of two new formats agreed upon at the May 2018 meeting in St. Charles, Missouri. The first half of the meeting will be devoted to conventional meeting session items while the second half will be devoted to one-on-one or small group work on the actual documentation.
For updates, notifications, and discussion please sign up for the Evergreen Documentation Discussion List.
- Introductions: paste "#info <username> is <name> <affiliation>" to identify who you are and what organization, if any, you represent
- Ongoing Business
- Progress on documenting new features in Evergreen 3.2 (and previous)
- Tasks with the FIX ME flag have a draft that is ready for review
- Progress on documentation launchpad bugs. Here are some highlights:
- Docs: Web Client Print / Receipt Templates (ready to review)
- Docs: Self Check docs additions (ready to review)
- Documentation: Best-hold selection Sort Order options (borrow from TechRef docs)
- Adding glossaries to the manual – here's asciidoc's built-in glossaries: http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/userguide.html#_glossary_lists
- Old Business
- Previous action items (see below)
- New Business
- How do we handle the big change in 3.2 in terminology throughout the web client? Here's what the release notes say:
- The term item is now consistently used to describe the barcoded entity that had been previously been called both an item and a copy. As a result, we now use the terms item buckets, item tags, and item alerts.
- The term volume is no longer used in the client, with the exception of serials, where the term is used to describe serial volumes. The term call number will replace volume in most other places.
- Holdings is a more general term used to describe a combination of items and call numbers.
- The term Shelving Location is used consistently in favor of Copy Location.
- See the LP bug for the (somewhat foggy) details
- One on one and small group collaboration on documentation
Previous Action items
- Christineb will follow up with web team to add a link from the web site's documenation page to the new playlist
- Everybody will send useful, Evergreen-related, Creative Commons-licensed videos to Christineb
- kmlussier will identify unclaimed bite sized tasks for new DIG participants
- sandbergja and ohiojoe will follow-up with assigned "in-progress" users to try to preserve any progress made but not submitted
- everyone will work on cleaning up the reorganized documentation https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:reorg:clean_up
- everyone should subscribe to the Evergreen-specific YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC83L8WyXoj8Kf9hShdDY61A
- ohiojoe will make a call out to the general list for help generating feedback to the current state of the reorganized documentation
- everyone will find volunteers at their libraries to test drive the new manuals
- sandbergja will share asciidoc level knowledge of how to work with the new manuals
- ohiojoe will email DIG list to discuss the suggestion regarding screen name labeling in docs vs Evergreen
- jihpringle will set up wiki pages to match the list of EG 3.1 manuals
- ohiojoe will put out a call for a co-facilitator to the DIG and general EG lists
- ohiojoe will tidy up the Evergreen Documentation Needs page
evergreen-docs/dig_meetings/20181101-agenda.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1