Table of Contents
Commercial companies and non profits that advertise Evergreen services
The following companies are currently listed in alphabetical order. This is by no means an exhaustive list, and appearance on this list does not necessarily mean that the Evergreen community has endorsed any company on the list. You are strongly encouraged to request references of prior work with Evergreen and proof of contribution to the Evergreen project as part of your assessment process when selecting a company to help you with Evergreen.
BC Libraries Cooperative (home of Sitka)
Contact: Kevin Millsip - Executive Director
Alternate contact: Sharon Herbert - Sitka Manager
Web site: http://bc.libraries.coop
Services offered: Canadian not-for-profit offering development, migration, implementation, support, hosting, and training
Contact: James Whitman
Web site: http://catalyte.io
Services offered: Catalyte is a mission driven organization that brings people from non-traditional backgrounds into the IT industry. For nearly twenty years, Catalyte has delivered world class software to our clients while proving that talent is equally distributed even if opportunity is not. Catalyte has worked on projects for many community members and has created a center of excellence focused on the Evergreen platform. We have software developers here in the US available to work on large scale and micro-projects on an on-demand basis.
Emerald Data Networks, Inc.
Contact: Darrell Rodgers
Phone: 678.302.3000 x1100
Web site: http://www.emeralddata.net
Services offered: There are plenty of IT firms ready to be your provider. Emerald clients realize they need more than a provider, they need a trusted technology partner. Emerald Data Networks is prepared to be your partner in your endeavor into the Evergreen ILS world. Emerald Data Networks provides a combined over 40 years of experience with Evergreen ILS and is prepared to be your partner in technical support, data migrations, custom feature development, software upgrades, capacity planning, and more!
- Migration Services - Emerald clients can rest comfortably knowing their migration to Evergreen is being handled by technicians with a combined 15+ years of experience in 100's of individual library migrations, from nearly every major ILS vendor. Emerald staff have also performed migrations for libraries who were previously non-automated, or kept their item records in spreadsheets or "home grown" databases.
- Hosting - Emerald clients can choose to have their servers hosted in geographically desirable locations or in Emerald Data Networks co-location facility in Georgia. This includes 24/7 Evergreen system monitoring and backup/disaster recovery services.
- Data Cleanup - Have your patron and/or bibliographic records become a bit messy over the years? No problem! Emerald staff can work with your organization to cleanse your records already in Evergreen, or from your current ILS to prepare for a migration to Evergreen. Services available include USPS address verification, patron de-duplication, bibliographic record de-duplication, and bibliographic record enhancement, among others. Have a specific cleanup need not mentioned? Contact us with the information above, we are happy to evaluate any custom requests!
- Development - All Emerald Data Networks staff working on the Evergreen-ILS product have experience with development in the software ranging from bug fixes to new features. All developed code can be submitted to the Evergreen community for consideration to be included in future releases of the Evergreen-ILS software.
- Support, Projects and Server Management - Already have your own working Evergreen-ILS instance? Looking to build a new Evergreen-ILS instance? Emerald provides support, project work and server management for a variety of Evergreen implementations worldwide. For more details regarding Emerald Data Networks support, project and server management programs please contact us with the information above.
Equinox Library Services Canada
Services offered: Equinox Library Services Canada offers Evergreen implementation, data conversion, data cleanup services, hosting, support, training, and software development services.
- Implementation Services - Equinox Library Services Canada provides project management, expert policy mapping, Evergreen configuration, and integration of Evergreen supported 3rd party integrations
- Data Conversion Services - Equinox Library Services Canada provides data conversion services of your legacy bibliographic, item, circulation, acquisitions, and serials data to Evergreen.
- Data Cleanup Services - Equinox Library Services Canada provides de-duplication services for your bibliographic and patron data.
- Hosting - Equinox Library Services Canada provides full provisioning, OS/DB maintenance, Evergreen backup & disaster recovery, Evergreen system monitoring, and upgrade services at our Canadian or United States data centre.
- Training - Equinox Library Services Canada provides onsite and remote training services for all Evergreen modules including: circulation, cataloguing, acquisitions, serials, administration, and reports.
- Software Development - Equinox Library Services Canada has inhouse staff able to provide contracted software development and related documentation, which is submitted to the Evergreen community to consider inclusion in the Evergreen master code set and official documentation repository.
Equinox Open Library Initiative
Services offered: The Equinox Open Library Initiative offers Evergreen implementation, data conversion, data cleanup services, hosting, support, training, and software development services.
- Implementation Services - Equinox provides project management, expert policy mapping, Evergreen configuration, and integration of Evergreen supported 3rd party integrations
- Data Conversion Services - Equinox provides data conversion services of your legacy bibliographic, item, circulation, acquisitions, and serials data to Evergreen.
- Data Cleanup Services - Equinox provides de-duplication services for your bibliographic and patron data.
- Hosting - Equinox provides full provisioning, OS/DB maintenance, Evergreen backup & disaster recovery, Evergreen system monitoring, and upgrade services at our United States data center.
- Training - Equinox provides onsite and remote training services for all Evergreen modules including circulation, cataloging, acquisitions, serials, administration, and reports.
- Software Development - Equinox has in-house staff able to provide contracted software development and related documentation, which is submitted to the Evergreen community to consider inclusion in the Evergreen master code set and official documentation repository.
Evergreen Community Development Initiative
Primary Contact: Ruth Frasur
Main Web site: http://ecdi.connect.lib.in.us
Services offered: ECDI provides a conduit for members to pool funds for software development projects to enhance Evergreen's functionality. Membership is open to any libraries or consortia running Evergreen.
Contact: Debbie Luchenbill - Evergreen Coordinator
Main Web site: https://mobiusconsortium.org/moss#
Services offered: We’re crazy about libraries and have extensive experience hosting and managing Evergreen systems. We’ve worked with nearly all major ILS systems and have working relationships with many of the leading information and technology providers. Our staff of professional librarians and IT experts are deeply invested in ensuring member libraries have access to the tools they need to thrive. We "do it all" from implementation and setup services to OPAC customizations and ongoing maintenance and support.
MOSS is an Evergreen hosting and managed service providing complete technical, operational, and administrative support:
- Free up your staff - Our comprehensive set of services provides end-to-end service relieving your staff of the day-to-day routine of managing your system.
- Work without worry - With MOSS, you can manage your library confidently. Our technology stack is state-of-the-art utilizing Google's and Amazon's world-class data center infrastructures. We have proven successful implementations, including Missouri Evergreen, Kansas State Library, and NC Cardinal, and stay with you from start to finish. Our staff is on call anytime, day or night.
- No budget surprises - With our predictable pricing, you'll know in advance what MOSS will cost. Our pricing is a flat annual subscription with no variable fees that provide you with a predictable financial way forward.
- Complement staff skills - Few libraries can afford all the technical resources they need. Our twenty years of service to libraries means we're experts in a wide variety of disciplines from systems configuration and support, through OPAC customization, and library workflows including acquisitions, serial control, bib and authorities, checkouts and holds. And, whether it's automation technologies like SIP2 or working with leading information providers like EBSCO, Envisionware, Proquest and others, we've seen it before and we know where to get it when you need it.
- Contribute to the community - As a customer of MOSS, you benefit from and share in our active participation in the Evergreen Community. Our team is committed to open source and regularly contributes to the larger Evergreen community through project collaborations, including code and documentation contributions. And we love the Evergreen community so much, we hosted the 2018 International Conference in Saint Charles, MO.
Osvobozená knihovna, z. s.
Primary Contact: Václav Jansa
Main Web site: https://www.osvobozena-knihovna.cz/
Services offered: We have been involved in Evergreen promotion and implementation in the Czech Republic since 2008. In 2017 we set up a non-profit organization called Osvobozená knihovna, z. s., which offers a variety of services related to Evergreen. These include consulting, implementation, data migration and cleanup, support, hosting, staff training, and software development to satisfy specific needs of Czech libraries. Any librarian interested in trying Evergreen and/or cataloging his/her personal library is welcome to join our Personal Library (https://osobni.osvobozena-knihovna.cz/eg/opac/home) project for free.