Table of Contents
1.4 Feature Overview
This release adds functionality, configuration, and usability improvements in the following areas:
- Improved administrative interfaces for defining organizations and permissions
- Internationalization and localization
- Multi-source Z39.50 search for staff
- Pre-overdue (reminder) notices
- Publication date filtering in advanced search
- Preferred-language setting at both system and organizational level for search results
- Web-based batch record importer/exporter
18.104.22.168 bug fixes
Also see the full 22.214.171.124 release notes
- SlimPAC: Under uncommon circumstances, searches could ignore the requested search type (such as title or author) and always use keyword. Now subject, author, title, and keyword searches behave properly.
- Closed Dates Editor (Staff Client, Local Admin): Dates did not always display, or displayed incorrectly.
- Hold Shelf display (Staff Client, Circulation): If only one hold was on the hold shelf, it would not display.
- Force This Action override (Staff Client, Circulation): Previously, multiple events tied to one item could not be overridden in one step.
- Copy Details (OPAC): Copy information displayed incorrectly if organizational hierarchy was more than three levels deep. (Patch from James Fournie / SITKA).
- Offline/Standalone Client: Transaction list would not clear unless the transactions were printed.
- Hold Targeter: Enhancement to the holds targeter to make it more efficient and reduce load.
- Spine Labels (Staff Client, Cataloging): The top margin of the first label was misaligned by a small amount.
- Spine Labels (Staff Client, Cataloging): In item add, there was database lag time affecting label printing.
- Authority Record Import (Staff Client, Z39.50 Importer): Authority record import not functioning correctly.
- Patron Holds (Staff Client, Circulation): Displaying patron’s holds showed all the holds they had ever placed, whether active or not.
- Z39.50 Client (Staff Client): When searching multiple sources, the display rendering could become unreadable.
- Renewing Checkouts (Staff Client, Circulation): Critical fix for issues surrounding staff renewing multiple items for a patron.
126.96.36.199 bug fixes
- Give the admin user an explicit work org unit (required for certain actions)
- Correct SlimPAC org unit depth selection for complex hierarchies
- Default to a locale-aware MARC editor tooltip file
- Fixed broken "Update fixed fields" in MARC editor – ticket #41
Supply a sane default set of fixed field editing widgets in the MARC editor for incorrectly coded records– will be included in the next 1.4.0.x release, see changeset 12712
- Specify UTF-8 encoding for MARC View in the staff client
- Name prefix was displaying first name in My Account – now displays the correct prefix
- Accelerator key fixes for the cs-CZ locale
- Fix regression in check-in and multi-item renew in the patron interface
- Repair a broken report tranform ("First 5 characters", used for ZIP code truncation)
- Use alert() instead of confirm() after a successful report template save action
- Correct copy and call number display for deep and complex hierarchies
- Add working copy/cut/paste context menus to all remote XUL textbox elements
- Fix the PATRON_BARCODE macro in billing receipt templates
- Improved migration loading script
- Improved I18N in the OPAC and SlimPAC
- Improve IE Dojo support
- Upgrade-time audit table fixes
- Fix Replace Barcode regression creating an empty barcode
- Improved Safari browser support
- Improved settings test script, adding support for testing all XMPP domains
- Added a default index to speed up authority cross-ref lookup
- General I18N cleanup
- General typo repairs
188.8.131.52 bug fixes
- Expose vandelay and permacrud as public services in
opensrf_core.xml.example. Note: if you are upgrading from a previous install of Evergreen 1.4, you must update your existing
opensrf_core.xmlfile to include the same public services list as the new
opensrf_core.xml.example, or replace your existing
opensrf_core.xmland reconfigure from scratch.
- Enable the "View reports" button to work in the reporter interface.
- Use the correct locale in Dojo (xx-yy) vs. OpenSRF (xx-YY).
- Correct 1.2 upgrade script to fix advanced search problems with bibliographic levels.
- Make all constraints deferrable again to enable easier bulk data loading.
- Make opensrf_core.xml.example default to logging to filesystem at a sane verbosity level.
184.108.40.206 bug fixes
- Fix date-handling in hold interfaces in OPAC "My Account" section.
- Set Apache logging to a sane verbosity level in
- Expose open-ils.fielder as a public service in
- Tweak README for better install instructions.
More 1.4.0 information
history/feature_list_1_4_0.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1