Table of Contents
Developer meeting: June 7, 2011
- 09:00:00 a.m. Tuesday June 7, 2011 in America/Los_Angeles
- 12:00:00 p.m. Tuesday June 7, 2011 in Canada/Eastern
- 16:00:00 Tuesday June 7, 2011 in UTC
Last meeting: 2011-05-24
Logs and minutes
- Minutes will be supplied in this document after the meeting finishes.
Prior to the meeting
- Please fill out Who's who if you want to be identified more readily in the future
- Determine the taker of minutes: moodaepo (Anoop Atre)
- Determine meeting leader: gmcharlt (Galen Charlton)
- Review action items
- eeevil (Mike Rylander) to post release process using git somewhere
- STATUS: eeevil is on vacation. - DEFERRED TO NEXT MEETING.
- UPDATE: First cut (from tagging onward)
- gmcharlt to write up some ideas on improving git use and releases
- STATUS: Plans on getting this done by the end of the week.
- gmcharlt / tsbere to convert Syrup ILS-contrib to git
- STATUS: gmcharlt will convert Syrup to git after meeting.
- Reminder for artunit (Art Rhyno) and gfawcett to send pubkeys to email@example.com
- STATUS: gmcharlt has artunit's pubkey.
- ACTION ITEM: dbs (Dan Scott) will poke gfawcett to send in his pubkey.
- dbs to put "pullrequest" tagging in "contributing" evergreen wiki documentation
- STATUS: Completed: dbs has revised the contributing documentation to support either a "point at public branch" or "submit a patch" approach, including the pullrequest standardization. diff
- bshum to review LP 731521
- STATUS: Looked good, but revealed another bug that requires attention first: LP 731516
- ACTION ITEM: berick will work with bshum to tackle both bugs.
- STATUS: 740320 - gmcharlt will check with eeevil.
- ACTION ITEM: gmcharlt will get patch from joseph_ tested and pushed in the next couple days.
- STATUS: 520175 - related work
- ACTION ITEM: gmcharlt volunteered to take on 520175 this week.
- dbs and dbwells for LP 787150 (Call number label class not able to be set in 2.0)
- STATUS: Fix committed, waiting for 2.0.7
- dbs and jamesrf for LP 780665 (spine labels assume LC)
- STATUS: Discussion - smoke but no fire since 2011-05-23, mired in deciding how best to proceed
- ACTION ITEM: jamesrf needs to publish it somewhere and dbs will review once that it is available.
- berick asked to work on LP 776583 (SIP-related)
- STATUS: Fix committed and merged to master.
- 2.1-rc to be cut "sometime"
- ACTION ITEM: berick will review dbs's OpenLibrary AC rewrite for 2.1 before rc.
- ACTION ITEM: Barring any critical blockers, eeevil is welcome to roll 2.1-rc at his leisure hopefully early next week.
- OpenSRF 2.0
- Would it be good to officially recommend OpenSRF 2.0.x use with Evergreen 2.0.x? It seems that some sites have already started using it like so.
- We would need to update the downloads page and instructions accordingly.
- Benefit: getting the PID handling goodness.
- It was agreed to recommend OpenSRF 2.0 for Evergreen 2.0
- ACTION ITEM: moodaepo will update website with the recommendation.
- Notice: Conifer is holding TT OPAC development days @ University of Windsor, June 27-29th. If you hack on the TT OPAC and want to join us, get in touch with Dan Scott.
Patch review queue
We don't want to let submitted patches rot, here's a list of bugs with attached patches
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/790639 - phasefx (Jason Etheridge) has come up with an alternative
- ACTION ITEM: phasefx will take point on getting this reviewed.
- ACTION ITEM: gmcharlt will review joseph_ 's patch
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/767507 - fix committed but tweaking needed, apparently
- ACTION ITEM: gmcharlt will review and push
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/702206 - to discuss with eeevil when he's back
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/510959 - phasefx is still reviewing.
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/491594 - This is probably requires a rewrite and Art's patch is a temporary workaround.
- ACTION ITEM: dbs will create separate branches for 2.0/2.1 that focus just on unnest()
- 790916 is ready to go into 2.0 according to dbs
- ACTION ITEM: bshum (Ben Shum) will complete another test of the patch.
- gmcharlt suggested that we have a pullrequests review meeting opposite to dev meetings.
- ACTION ITEM: Needs to be discussed on the mailing list.
Evergreen release statuses
- Evergreen release status:
- 1.6.1.x (current release = 220.127.116.11) - DEFERRED TO NEXT MEETING.
- Bugs targeted to 18.104.22.168
- 2.0.x (current release = 2.0.6) - DEFERRED TO NEXT MEETING.
- Bugs targeted to 2.0.7
- eeevil is welcome to roll 2.1-rc at his leisure hopefully early next week. (See Agenda 3-11)
- Most recently reported bugs - DEFERRED TO NEXT MEETING.
- ACTION ITEM: Release cutting needs to be better documented - See 3-1
- On calendar for Tuesday, June 21th at 12:00 EST, 9:00 PST.
dev/meetings/2011-06-07.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1