Table of Contents
Developer meeting: August 2, 2011
- 09:00:00 a.m. Tuesday August 2, 2011 in America/Los_Angeles
- 12:00:00 p.m. Tuesday August 2, 2011 in Canada/Eastern
- 16:00:00 Tuesday August 2, 2011 in UTC
Logs and minutes
- Minutes will be supplied in this document after the meeting finishes.
Prior to the meeting
- Please fill out Who's who if you want to be identified more readily in the future
- Determine the taker of minutes: Ben Shum (bshum)
- Determine meeting leader: Anoop Atre (moodaepo)
- Review action items
- STATUS: LP740320 was assigned to eeevil, LP520175 continues to be gmcharlt.
- STATUS: Still in process.
- gmcharlt suggested that we have a pullrequests review meeting opposite to dev meetings (to be added to mailing list for discussion)
- STATUS: Voted through by participating dev members and first meeting took place on 2011-08-08 at 12 pm EST.
- Main goal was for core devs to clear the pullrequest queue, but testers with signoff ability were welcome to attend.
- phasefx will take an action for making a custom git command to spit out the invocation for checking out a specific branch from a specific repository
- STATUS: tsbere pointed at helpful_scripts
Template::Toolkit merge status
- Conifer hosted a dev session in June in the attempt the accelerate the development of the TT OPAC; there is strong interest in adopting the TT OPAC prior to September (for obvious academic year reasons)
- On July 29, Dan Scott asked on IRC what steps would need to be taken to get TT OPAC branches merged to master; Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley replied:
I have a strong desire to merge equinox work and conifer work on tt opac before any divergence gets any messier (so maybe next week?)
- On August 1, Bill Erickson said on the Open-ILS General mailing list:
The plan is to merge the Template Toolkit code into Evergreen master before (at the latest) the 2.2 feature freeze, so that it will be included in Evergreen 2.2. We have a few remaining TODO items (branch merging, wiring things up), but I'm not anticipating any real complications there. The goal for 2.2 is to replace the slimpac by default and not (yet) to replace the regular patron and staff-embedded OPAC. However, it will be possible to use T-pac for both with a small amount of configuration.
- Question: Do we have any rough dates for 2.2? (NO)
- Jason Stephenson offered to start testing TT OPAC integration branches but needs to be pointed at appropriate branches
- * http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/dbs/template-toolkit-integration-on-master was current as of 4 weeks ago
- * http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/user/berick/ttopac-refworks-ou-patch would apply on top of that
- eeevil mentioned: some TT-supporting QP (QueryParser) work coming soon (likely from senator) to deliver a easy-to-use serialization of the QP instance structure
Patch review queue
We don't want to let submitted patches rot, here's a list of bugs with attached patches
New section of dev:git with some steps for adding a signoff.
A spreadsheet of bugs that could use some attention (statuses, confirmation, etc.) is available at http://goo.gl/a9SAQ
- mrpeters-isl has started a FAQ page for bug wranglers http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:bug_wrangler:faq
(Note: patch review was pushed off to 2011-08-08 pullrequest meeting)
Evergreen release statuses
- On calendar for Tuesday, August 16th at 12:00 EST, 9:00 PST.