User Tools

Site Tools


evergreen-docs:dig_meetings:20200507-agenda

DIG Meeting Agenda - May 7, 2020

This meeting will be held on the #evergreen channel on the Freenode IRC network (http://evergreen-ils.org/irc.php) beginning at 2pm EDT/ 11am PDT. Current and future DIG participants are encouraged to attend, and any interested members of the Evergreen Community are welcome as well. For updates, notifications, and discussion please sign up for the Evergreen Documentation Discussion List.

  1. Introductions: paste "#info <username> is <name> <affiliation>" to identify who you are and what organization, if any, you represent
  2. Helpful Information: Documentation contributions and collaboration
    1. Learn how to help at our Documentation Needs List
    2. DIG roles DIG Roles
  3. Old and Ongoing Business:
    1. Check-in - How is everyone doing?
    2. Previous Action Items (see below)
    3. Antora progress
      1. Meta data "Untitled" pages still exist
      2. Should the server-side generation script(s) be in the EG repo?
      3. Keeping our branch in sync with master docs/* (looks like manual only) - Jane did this: commit 7b21150d322
      4. handling RELEASE NOTES in Antora - new module?
      5. Looks like we missed 3.5
      6. In order to get this merged to master - should we create some sort of roadmap?
      7. site.yml probably needs to change to mention all of the Antora-ized AKA branches: branches: [vmaster, vrel_3_5] Antora site.yml
      8. Antora will need each branch to have a corresponding "version" English word in antora.yml -> version: 'latest'
      9. Should that somehow be baked into the make-release process for buildmasters?
    4. 3.5 documentation work
    5. Experimental catalog documentation work
  4. New Business:
    1. Evergreen International Online Conference!
    2. June Meeting
  5. Collaboration time

Previous Action items

  1. sandbergja will make a video for proof of concept in the Quick Starts section
  2. everyone will review all of the docs on Antora, looking for broken things and other fixes needed and report on Launchpad
  3. DIG will work on 3.5 documentation during Bug Squashing Week, March 16-20
  4. bmagic will think about and explore how to query our git repo to see if there are any non-merged branches that touch /doc/* files

Note:

At the May 2018 Documentation Interest Group meeting in person at the Evergreen conference 2018 in St. Charles, Missouri, it was agreed that DIG meetings would alternate each month between meetings that were half agenda, half collaboration in one month and a full meeting length of working on the documentation in the other month.

evergreen-docs/dig_meetings/20200507-agenda.txt · Last modified: 2020/05/07 10:08 by rjs7

© 2008-2017 GPLS and others. Evergreen is open source software, freely licensed under GNU GPLv2 or later.
The Evergreen Project is a member of Software Freedom Conservancy.