User Tools

Site Tools


DIG Meeting Agenda - March 3, 2022

This meeting will be held on the #evergreen channel on the Libera IRC network ( beginning at 2pm EDT/ 11am PDT. Current and future DIG participants are encouraged to attend, and any interested members of the Evergreen Community are welcome as well. For updates, notifications, and discussion please sign up for the Evergreen Documentation Discussion List.

  1. Helpful Information: Documentation contributions and collaboration
    1. Learn how to help at our Documentation Needs List
    2. DIG roles DIG Roles
  2. Introductions: paste "#info <username> is <name> <affiliation>" to identify who you are and what organization, if any, you represent
  3. Old and Ongoing Business:
    1. Check-in
    2. Previous Action Items (see below)
    3. February Zoom Meeting - recap, decisions, and follow-up
    4. Docs organization: Progress
    5. April Zoom Meeting topic: GitLab stuff
  4. New Business:
    1. New docs committers!!
    2. Committing docs pushes–during meeting?
    3. Show and Tell Topic for June or just Conference?
    4. Let's talk about Conference. Any docs proposals or ideas about proposals?
    5. Documentation to send for review
  5. Collaboration time (if time)

Previous Action items

  1. dluch and jweston will look at the wiki's Documentation Needs List (linked at the beginning) to ensure that undocumented features listed are still relevant in the 3.8 context.
  2. dluch and jweston (and whoever else wants to) will see what documentation is missing from the Documentation Needs List for newest releases.
  3. alynn26 and Bmagic will investigate some possible options for adding pdf generating to our documentation site
  4. alynn26 will look into Evergreen's Antora CSS to see why anything that is a heading 4 ==== or lower is not rendering properly formatted in Antora. Example: "Sort By Geographic Proximity" at
  5. dluch will get the October recording processed and posted–unless she already did.
  6. jweston will talk to jihpringle and mantis about the documentation an images review spreadsheets, create a Google doc for drafting a contribution guide, and send the link to the docs mailing list for everyone to help.
  7. dbs will see if it's possible to trigger a rebuild using something like a particular branch name, like docs-build or something hacky


At the May 2018 Documentation Interest Group (DIG) meeting in person at the Evergreen International Conference in St. Charles, Missouri, it was agreed that DIG meetings would alternate each month between meetings that were half agenda, half collaboration in one month, and a full meeting length of working on the documentation in the other month.

At the November 2020 DIG meeting on IRC, it was agreed that DIG would move the collaboration/working months to a videoconference platform and continue having the business meetings on IRC.

evergreen-docs/dig_meetings/20220303-agenda.txt · Last modified: 2022/03/03 13:48 by dluchenbill

Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International
CC Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International Donate Powered by PHP Valid HTML5 Valid CSS Driven by DokuWiki

© 2008-2022 GPLS and others. Evergreen is open source software, freely licensed under GNU GPLv2 or later.
The Evergreen Project is a U.S. 501(c)3 non-profit organization.