User Tools

Site Tools


governance:eob-11-16-2017

Meeting Minutes for First Portion of Meeting 11/16/2017

[14:02] <tspindler> #startmeeting 2017-11-16 - Evergreen Oversight Board Meeting
[14:02] <tspindler> #topic roll call
[14:02] <tspindler> Use the #info command stating name and affiliation
[14:02] <tspindler> #info tspindler is Tim Spindler, C/W MARS
[14:02] == rlefaive [~rosiel@PC030.ROBLIB.UPEI.CA] has joined #evergreen
[14:02] <terran> #info terran is Terran McCanna, PINES
[14:02] <rgagnon> #info rgagnon is Ron Gagnon, NOBLE
[14:02] <sherbertbc> #info sherbertbc is Sharon Herbert, Sitka/BCLC
[14:02] <afterl> #info afterl is Amy Terlaga, Bibliomation (SFC and Conference Reports)
[14:02] <scottthomas> #info scottthomas is Scott Thomas, PaILS
[14:02] <collum> #info gcollum is Garry Collum, KCPL
[14:03] <tspindler> #info Agenda
[14:03] <tspindler> #link https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=governance:minutes:2017-11-16
[14:04] <tspindler> #minutes of August 17, 2017
[14:04] <tspindler> #link http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen\\/2017/evergreen.2017-10-19-14.01.html
[14:04] <tspindler> Any changes or corrections for the minutes?
[14:04] <tspindler> #info minutes of October 19, 2017
[14:05] <tspindler> not August 17
[14:05] <tspindler> #topic Report of the Chair
[14:06] <tspindler> I don't have anything to report.
[14:06] <tspindler> #topic Financial report
[14:06] <tspindler> #link https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=governance:financials
[14:06] <tspindler> Nothing has really changed on the financial report. Any questions?
[14:07] <tspindler> #topic SFC Updates (Amy Terlaga)
[14:07] <afterl> Two SFC updates, both conference related:
[14:07] <afterl> The SFC is currently helping the Evergreen Outreach Committee and the Evergreen Conference Committee by providing a PayPal account setup for conference T-shirt sales directly following registration.
[14:07] <afterl> Access to these T-shirt sales will be provided by a link in the registration confirmation email.
[14:08] <terran> Great!
[14:08] <afterl> I am working with the SFC to verify check receipts from conference sponsors. They have been very helpful in that regard. They explianed that I should also be able to do this by using the ledger.
[14:08] <afterl> I don't know how to do that. I can take this discussion offline with the person who could explain to me either how to do that or who I should go to to verify this information going forward.
[14:08] <tspindler> I think gmcharlt is the one who knows about the ledger
[14:09] <afterl> tspindler: Yes, I thought so.
[14:09] == Ruth [ad0f195d@gateway/web/freenode/ip.173.15.25.93] has joined #evergreen
[14:09] <afterl> I can email him directly.
[14:09] <tspindler> sounds good
[14:09] <afterl> Thank you.
[14:09] <tspindler> Any questions for afterl?
[14:09] <Ruth> sorry all, for whatever reason, #evergreen isn't connecting for me through Quassel
[14:09] <tspindler> np
[14:09] <terran> afterl++
[14:09] <Ruth> #info Ruth is Ruth Frasur, Hagerstown Library, Evergreen Indiana
[14:10] <tspindler> rfrasur: all work assigned to you
[14:10] <miker> #info miker is Mike Rylander, EOLI
[14:10] <Ruth> tspindler: excellent! I LOVE all the work being assigned to me…and cheese. I love cheese.
[14:11] <tspindler> #topic Release Manager (Dan Wells)
[14:11] <tspindler> I'm not sure if dbwells is availabel to talk. I am afraid I didn't not check
[14:12] <tspindler> #info 3.1 Road Map
[14:12] <tspindler> #link https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=faqs:evergreen_roadmap:3.1
[14:13] <tspindler> #topic SFC Membership Review (Sharon Herbert, Scott Thomas and Tim Spindler)
[14:14] <tspindler> I had a couple of updates. I never received any information or response from the Open Library Foundation. We only received a financial statement from MOBIUS which I forwarded separately to the EOB.
[14:14] <tspindler> Any other questions or comments?
[14:15] <dbwells> Re: 3.1, I can try to answer questions if there happen to be any, but there isn't too much else to say for beyond the recent list communication.
[14:15] <tspindler> dbwells: thanks
[14:16] <Ruth> dbwells++; the roadmap looks pretty exciting.
[14:16] <tspindler> Do we want to move forward with a vote on SFC membership?
[14:16] <scottthomas> I think we are ready
[14:17] <Ruth> I think so, also.
[14:17] <rgagnon> I agree
[14:17] <tspindler> Can I entertain anyone to make a motion?
[14:17] <terran> I move that we accept MOBIUS's offer to be our new fiscal sponsor.
[14:18] <scottthomas> Second
[14:18] <rgagnon> Second
[14:18] <tspindler> #info terran moved to accept MOBIUS offer to be our new fiscal sponsor
[14:18] <tspindler> #info scottthomas seconded
[14:19] <tspindler> #startvote Accept MOBIUS offer to be our new fiscal sponsor? Yes, No, Abstain
[14:19] <Ruth> #yes
[14:19] <sherbertbc> #vote yes
[14:19] <collum> #vote yes
[14:19] <terran> #vote Yes
[14:19] <rgagnon> #vote yes
[14:19] <Ruth> #vote yes
[14:19] <scottthomas> #vote yes
[14:20] <tspindler> #vote yes
[14:20] <tspindler> #endvote
[14:20] <tspindler> I think I may have done the vote command wrong
[14:21] <kmlussier> It looks okay.
[14:22] <tspindler> no tally
[14:22] <jeff> tspindler: there is no active meeting – the command to start the meeting appears to have had a leading space character – thus, no meeting has begun yet and the bot has been silent.
[14:22] <tspindler> oy vey
[14:22] <kmlussier> oops
[14:22] * kmlussier does the leading space thing all the time, but usually with unimportant commands.
[14:22] <sherbertbc> silly bot
[14:22] <terran> I'll copy and paste the meeting notes from the beginning instead of relying on the automated code.
[14:23] <tspindler> terran++
[14:23] <jeff> i'd suggest starting it now, making an #info or similar to note why it was started late, then start a vote?
[14:23] <jeff> then fix up the rest later. :-)

governance/eob-11-16-2017.txt · Last modified: 2017/11/16 14:41 by tmccanna

© 2008-2017 GPLS and others. Evergreen is open source software, freely licensed under GNU GPLv2 or later.
The Evergreen Project is a member of Software Freedom Conservancy.