Test Cases for Evergreen
These are test cases designed to test core functionality of Evergreen out of the box. They are based very loosely on testcases from http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/
See the GPLS/PINES Evergreen Test Cases too.
Here are some more Generic Testing Guidelines from Sitka.
SCL-001a: Staff Client Login
- Log in as "admin" or Global Admin account, register a new workstation at BR1 called "Test"
CAT-001: Original Cataloguing /w Fast Item Add
- In the Cataloging menu, select Create a New MARC Record
- Right click on a tag such as 100 to see if the right-click menu functions correctly
- Enter the following values in your MARC record:
020 __ ‡a9781552858233 (pbk.) 092 __ ‡a623.8882 P46kn 100 1_ ‡aPerry, Gordon. 245 10 ‡aKnots / ‡cGordon Perry. 246 14 ‡aKnots : ‡bthe art and craft of knots, splicing, and decorative ropework 260 __ ‡aNorth Vancouver, BC : ‡bWhitecap, ‡cc2006. 300 __ ‡a319 p. : ‡bcol. ill. ; ‡c18 cm. 500 __ ‡a"An Oceana book"--T.p. verso. 504 __ ‡aIncludes bibliographical references and index. 505 0_ ‡aIntroduction -- Ropes, tools and terminology -- Foundations of knotting -- Foundation knots -- Everyday knots -- Knots used to join ropes -- Loops and nooses -- Knots for binding and holding -- Knots used to attach ropes -- Knots at the end of a rope -- Splicing -- Knotcraft -- Glossary -- Index -- Author & Further reading -- Bibliography & Acknowledgments. 650 0_ ‡aKnots and splices.
- select "Fast Item Add" and use a call number of "623.8882 P46kn" and any unused barcode value
CAT-002: Z39.50 Import
- In the Cataloging menu, select Import Record from Z39.50
- Select LOC as a Z39.50 search target
- Search for the author "Twain, Mark"
- Select any record
- Select MARC Editor for Import
- Prior to running this test, you must create a circulation modifier with the code 'book' via Admin -> Server Administration -> Circulation Modifiers
- In the Cataloguing menu, select MARC Batch Import/Export
- Click Record Match Sets and create a new Match Set called "testmatch"
- Create a MARC Tag and Subfield matchpoint that matches on tag 020 and subfield a. Save changes.
- Click the Import Records button.
- Create a new queue called "testqueue"
- Select the testmatch record match set.
- Select the Evergreen 852 export format holdings import profile.
- Select the Full overlay merge profile
- Select to Import Non-matching records and to Merge on Best Match
- Import this file: sample_load_with_items.mrc
- Verify that records imported and matched correctly. When using with the Concerto data set, there should be at least one match (record 94).
- Retrieve record with database ID 94 (Cataloging < Retrieve title via Database ID). SUCCESSFULLY OVERLAID will display in the title to verify that the "full overlay" option worked correctly.
CAT-004: Holdings Maintenance
- Select one of the records imported in CAT-003
- Select Holdings Maintenance view
PAT-001a: Register Patron
- Use the following information to create a new patron:
- Name: Jane Smith
- Address: 123 Main Street, New York, NY, 11211
- Home Library: "BR1"
- User profile: "Patrons"
- Alert Message: "Hello World"
PAT-002: Patron Search and Retrieval
- Search for last name "Smith"
- retrieve the patron by barcode
- ensure that alert message appears on patron account
PAT-003: General Patron Editing
- Update the above patron's account to remove the alert message, change profile to <something?>, change password to 'test'