This is an old revision of the document!
Test Cases for Evergreen
These are test cases designed to test core functionality of Evergreen out of the box. They are based very loosely on testcases from http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/
See the GPLS/PINES Evergreen Test Cases too.
Here are some more Generic Testing Guidelines from Sitka.
SCL-001a: Staff Client Login
- Log in as "admin" or Global Admin account, register a new workstation at BR1 called "Test"
CAT-001: Original Cataloguing /w Fast Item Add
- In the Cataloging menu, select Create a New MARC Record
- Right click on a tag such as 100 to see if the right-click menu functions correctly
- Enter the following values in your MARC record:
020 __ ‡a9781552858233 (pbk.) 092 __ ‡a623.8882 P46kn 100 1_ ‡aPerry, Gordon. 245 10 ‡aKnots / ‡cGordon Perry. 246 14 ‡aKnots : ‡bthe art and craft of knots, splicing, and decorative ropework 260 __ ‡aNorth Vancouver, BC : ‡bWhitecap, ‡cc2006. 300 __ ‡a319 p. : ‡bcol. ill. ; ‡c18 cm. 500 __ ‡a"An Oceana book"--T.p. verso. 504 __ ‡aIncludes bibliographical references and index. 505 0_ ‡aIntroduction -- Ropes, tools and terminology -- Foundations of knotting -- Foundation knots -- Everyday knots -- Knots used to join ropes -- Loops and nooses -- Knots for binding and holding -- Knots used to attach ropes -- Knots at the end of a rope -- Splicing -- Knotcraft -- Glossary -- Index -- Author & Further reading -- Bibliography & Acknowledgments. 650 0_ ‡aKnots and splices.
- select "Fast Item Add" and use a call number of "623.8882 P46kn" and any unused barcode value
CAT-002: Z39.50 Import
- In the Cataloging menu, select Import Record from Z39.50
- Select LOC as a Z39.50 search target
- Search for the author "Twain, Mark"
- Select any record
- Select MARC Editor for Import
- In the Cataloguing menu, select MARC Batch Import/Export
- Create a new queue called "testqueue"
- Import this file:
CAT-004: Holdings Maintenance
- Select one of the records imported in CAT-003
- Select Holdings Maintenance view
PAT-001a: Register Patron
- Use the following information to create a new patron:
- Name: Jane Smith
- Address: 123 Main Street, New York, NY, 11211
- Home Library: "BR1"
- User profile: "Patrons"
- Alert Message: "Hello World"
PAT-002: Patron Search and Retrieval
- Search for last name "Smith"
- retrieve the patron by barcode
- ensure that alert message appears on patron account
PAT-003: General Patron Editing
- Update the above patron's account to remove the alert message, change profile to <something?>, change password to 'test'