Table of Contents
Developer meeting: March 15, 2011
- 09:00:00 a.m. Tuesday March 15, 2011 in America/Los_Angeles
- 12:00:00 p.m. Tuesday March 15, 2011 in Canada/Eastern
- 04:00:00 p.m. Tuesday March 15, 2011 in UTC
Last meeting: 2011-03-01
Logs and minutes
- Minutes will be supplied in this document after the meeting finishes
Prior to the meeting
- Please fill out Who's who if you want to be identified more readily in the future
- Determine the taker of minutes: Ben Shum
- Determine meeting leader: Anoop Atre
- Review action items:
- Test OpenSRF 2.0.0 with Evergreen 2.0.2 for stability and potential adoption (fix for Unicode patron name problems) : Ben Shum (tbd), Jason Etheridge (acq.open-ils.org), Bill Erickson (dev.gapines.org)
- STATUS: Testing underway; Jason reported acq.open-ils.org updated with OpenSRF 2.0.0-rc2 & Bill reported that constrictor tests had been done as well. Next up is "live" tests.
- PostgreSQL 9.0 support on Evergreen 2.0: Mike Rylander committed a patch by Anoop Atre that seems to provide PostgreSQL 9.0 support
- STATUS: Known issues (if any) are being resolved.
- Mike Rylander requested community testing for binary upgrade from 8.4 to 9.0 (via pg_upgrade)
- STATUS: Missed agenda item, deferred to next meeting.
- Patch reviews:
- Dan Scott to apply 'Missing examples for "interval" settings' patch.
- Bill Erickson to review 'Patron Registration Customization Overhaul' and send thoughts to dev-list by Thursday March 3.
- Dan Scott to apply and test 'Permission Profile Filtering in Patron Search Interface'
- STATUS: All three patches have been committed to trunk for further review/testing.
- Google Summer of Code application: Galen and Dan put together an application and a project coding ideas page with some help from the community
- STATUS: GSoC application submitted. Will receive results by March 18th. See full timeline
- Discuss Postgresql locale recommendations - are current recommendations of 'C' as locale inviting problems for libraries using primarily non-Latin character sets?
- There was considerable discussion, but eventually concluded that no change will be made in recommendation of using C for locale at this time. Further discussion to occur on the lists if necessary, but there was also post-meeting discussion that took place. See full log for details.
Patch review queue
We don't want to let submitted patches rot, here's a list of bugs with attached patches
- ACTION ITEM: Dan Wells & Mike Rylander to review Thomas Berenzansky's patch for grace periods.
- ACTION ITEM: Jason Etheridge to review patron opt-in patch.
How's that release process working out?
- Evergreen release status:
- 1.6.1.x (current release = 22.214.171.124)
- Bugs targeted to 126.96.36.199
- 2.0.x (current release = 2.0.3)
- Bugs targeted to 2.0.4
- ACTION ITEM: Mike Rylander to cut 2.0.4 this week to address serious bugs.
- 2.1 status
- Any target date yet?
- STATUS: Release Candidate target date of early April, with alphas/betas between now and then.
- Tuesday, March 29th at 12:00 EST, 9:00 PST
dev/meetings/2011-03-15.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1