Table of Contents
Community meeting: November 4, 2011
- 11:00:00 a.m. Friday November 4, 2011 in America/Los_Angeles
- 02:00:00 p.m. Friday November 4, 2011 in Canada/Eastern
- 19:00:00 Friday November 4, 2011 in UTC
Last meeting's minutes: 2011-09-23
Prior to the meeting
- Please fill out Who's who if you want to be identified more readily in the future
Agenda & Minutes
- Introductions / roll call; paste "/me is <name> <affiliation>" to identify who you are and what organization, if any, you represent
- Find a volunteers to:
- Run the meeting: Anoop Atre, PALS
- Take minutes: Kathy Lussier, MassLNC
- Review action items from last meeting
- moodaepo (Anoop Atre) will send an email to the lists with the summary about community test servers for further discussion/input and also for folks who weren't at the meeting so they know where things are headed.
- Update: Anoop has not sent this e-mail, but plans on doing so after the meeting
- phasefx (Jason Etheridge) will send out an email regarding end of life for 2.0/1.6, modifying support statement to say "normally two major releases, with a minimum life of 18 months" or similar, designating 2.2 as the first LTS release, et cetera.
- Update: Jason sent the e-mail - http://markmail.org/message/hdofpg56esll2g3q - but there wasn't much discussion.
- Action item: moodaepo (Anoop Atre) will post announcement of end of life for 1.6. The development team will further discuss post 1.6 maintenance.
- Amy Terlaga will send an email to the Web team so they can keep track of the fact that she took over maintaining the Board minutes from dbs.
- Update: bshum (Ben Shum) reported for Amy that communication was made between the two groups.
- Communications committee & Website Team report and discussion Report by: LBA (Lori Ayre)
- The web team is pursuing the idea of implementing an "idea percolator" where people can share development ideas and help them find each other to possibly fund a new feature.
- Anyone who is interested can participate in the next web team meeting, scheduled for November 10, 11 a.m. (PST), 2 p.m. (EST).
- bshum (Ben Shum) asked about the Evergreen committees page. There are contact names listed here, but no contact details (e.g. e-mail address.)
- Action item: moodaepo (Anoop Atre) will set up proxy (postfix aliases) for primary contacts of each group
- Conference committee
- bshum (Ben Shum) reported that the program committee is still recruiting program ideas for the 2012 Evergreen conference. Details are at http://evergreen2012.org/?p=85
- moodaepo (Anoop Atre) put a link to the conference web site on the Evergreen web site.
- Equinox set up http://conference.evergreen-ils.org as a site for last year's conference. LBA (Lori Ayre) recommended that it be used for the conference so that a new domain does not need to be created every year. The domain has been transferred to the Software Freedom Conservancy, but Equinox provides the name service.
- Action item: gmcharlt/Equinox will update the domain to point to this year's conference web site. gmcharlt reported that this action item is complete.
- Documentation Interest Group [ Report from Karen Collier.]
- Reports Taskforce report report by: jenny (Jenny Turner)
- Next task force meeting is 2:30 p.m. (Eastern) Wednesday, November 9.
- Developer report
- Announcement: Conifer will be hosting another Tpac development day at University of Windsor on December 8th and 9th.
- phasefx (Jason Etheridge) reported there are a lot of pull requests to work through.
- Governance committee report Minutes from our last meeting can be found here: Evergreen Oversight Board Meeting Minutes, October 4, 2011
- Schedule next meeting: Friday, December 2nd at 2:00 p.m. EST, 11:00 a.m. PST.
community/meetings/2011-11-04.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1