User Tools

Site Tools


Developer meeting: January 11, 2011

Held at:

  • 09:00:00 a.m. Tuesday January 11, 2011 in America/Los_Angeles
  • 12:00:00 p.m. Tuesday January 11, 2011 in Canada/Eastern
  • 04:00:00 p.m. Tuesday January 11, 2011 in UTC

Last meeting: 2011-01-11


Meeting takes place on IRC on the #evergreen channel on Freenode. See the Calendar for specific dates and times.

Logs and minutes

  • Minutes will be supplied in this document after the meeting finishes

Prior to the meeting

  • Please fill out Who's who if you want to be identified more readily in the future


  1. Determine the taker of minutes: Ben Shum
  2. Determine meeting leader: Dan Scott
    1. Dan Scott to continue working on his action items from previous meetings:
      1. Write release notes for OpenSRF 1.6.2
        • STATUS: Deferred
    2. Mike Rylander to write release notes for Evergreen
      • STATUS: Deferred
    3. Security mailing list - any updates on expected dates
      1. Chris Sharp informed that due to recent weather closures, there will be delays in setting up new mailing list servers. He will update the mailing list with more details as they become available.
      2. Dan Scott makes a motion for the security list to begin as temporarily hosted by ESI (thanks!)
      3. Initial security mailing list setup will include current committees and Launchpad Security Team members.
      • ACTION ITEM: Mike Rylander to have ESI setup the Security Mailing List
    4. Adoption of the release checklist; Mike RylanderDan Scott to propose a release coordination mailing list on -dev and -general
      • STATUS: Done
      • ACTION ITEM: Ben Shum to begin the release coordination team by organizing contact information for all volunteers involved with the release checklist positions.
    5. People to test schema upgrade for moving custom index definitions around to make room for the pinned-ID indexes added in stock 2.0
      • STATUS: Ben Shum reported success; also worked on Conifer
    6. James Fournie / SITKA to test 2.0RC2 and report back
      • STATUS: Deferred
    7. Mike Rylander to continue the "DVCS? and if so, which one and when and how?" discussion on the mailing list
      • STATUS: Discussion to continue, with specifics aimed for an eventual developer meeting agenda item during the 2011 Evergreen Conference.
    8. Dan Scott to post a notice to the -dev mailing list to call for ideas and discussion about any other major infrastructure changes that we should consider for post-2.0
      • STATUS: In progress - message posted, response from Jason Etheridge adding another idea
      • ACTION ITEM: Anoop Atre to setup a post-2.0 development wiki page to summarize ideas/discussions.
    9. Dan Scott to post a notice to the -dev mailing list to find out if there's support / start planning for an extra day or two at the end of the conference for an in-person dev team meeting / planning session / coding session
      • STATUS: In progress - several positive responses (Bill Erickson, Jason Etheridge, …), need to nail down details (how long and where)
    10. Follow up on Dan Wells' proposed unit/call number schema change (initial reactions suggested a preference to keep it to 2.1, given the late state of 2.0)
      1. Dan Wells reports that this issue is settled for now.
  3. Evergreen release status:
    1. 1.6.1.x (current release =
      1. Bugs targeted to
    2. 2.0
      1. Bugs targeted to RC3
  4. (2 min) Schedule next meeting
dev/meetings/2011-01-18.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by

Except where otherwise noted, content on this wiki is licensed under the following license: CC Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International
CC Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International Donate Powered by PHP Valid HTML5 Valid CSS Driven by DokuWiki

© 2008-2022 GPLS and others. Evergreen is open source software, freely licensed under GNU GPLv2 or later.
The Evergreen Project is a U.S. 501(c)3 non-profit organization.