Table of Contents
Community meeting: January 25, 2011
- 11:00:00 a.m. Tuesday January 25, 2011 in America/Los_Angeles
- 02:00:00 p.m. Tuesday January 25, 2011 in Canada/Eastern
- 07:00:00 p.m. Tuesday January 25, 2011 in UTC
Last meeting's minutes: 2010-12-10
Prior to the meeting
- Please fill out Who's who if you want to be identified more readily in the future
Agenda & Minutes
- (5 minutes) Introductions / roll call; paste "/me is <name> <affiliation>" to identify who you are and what organization, if any, you represent
- (2 min) Find a volunteers to:
- Run the meeting: Ben Shum
- Take minutes: Kathy Lussier
- (10 min) Review action items from last meeting
- Bill Erickson to let the community know when the repository (KCLS OPAC) is ready.
- STATUS: Lisa Hill said on the list that KCLS was going to try to get the files in a public repo. Bill Erickson was unavailable, defer to next meeting.
- Kathy Lussier to forward the canonical list of links for each working group to Dan Scott / Anoop Atre to create drop-down entries in the evergreen-ils.org menu.
- STATUS: Amy Terlaga created the page at http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=faqs:evergreen_committees. Dan Scott added link to "Contribute" dropdown menu.
- Action: Dan Scott will add link to About Us page.
- Amy Terlaga to update http://evergreen-ils.org/calendar with the new meeting schedule for the Communications Committee.
- STATUS: New Weekly Conf Call for Web Team is 2pm EST/11am PST on Thursdays. First Thursday of the month, we will address any pending Communications Committee matters. Lori Ayre has updated the calendar.
- Brian Feifarek offered to provide DIG with access to a 2.0 test server.
- Action: Brian Feifarek to update server to RC3, Jason Etheridge to update acq.open-ils.org to RC3.
- Michael Peters has reorganized content on 2.0 Feature List page. He would like somebody to follow his lead for the acquisitions section since he isn't as familiar with acquisitions.
- Mike Rylander to post the rough plan for the release checklist to the General list so that we can refine the plan and work out who will do what.
- Discussed during developer meetings.
- New mailing list will be set up for future releases as soon as available.
- Until then, release-related messages to the General list will adopt a subject of "RELEASE TEAM: " to indicate its purpose.
- STATUS: Reassigned to Ben Shum to post checklist information to the General list.
- Ben Shum will send a reminder about the meeting to the mailing list.
- STATUS: Done.
- Dan Scott will add the meeting to the Evergreen calendar.
- STATUS: Done.
- (5 min) Communications committee
- Communications committee's web page is on the web site http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen_community_web_team_planning_committee_page.
- Committee is waiting on GPLS to provide an e-mail list.
- Ben Shum asked about reviving the defunct Evergreen newsletter, but Lori Ayre said it is untenable at this point unless there is a strong push for it.
- Action: Lori is collecting success stories and will work with Web team to post once she has 5 or 6.
- (5 min) Website Team report and discussion.
- Last meeting on 1/19/11, see minutes http://www.evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=egwebteamnotes-1-19-2011.
- Consolidated feedback on user roles and content and functionality needs of EG community. See EG User Roles Summary (PDF)
- Preparing a community survey to get community input on which features are deemed most valuable.
- A subset of the committee is meeting tomorrow to work on existing web site, while rest of the committee works on plan for potential large-scale overhaul of the site.
- (5 min) Conference committee
- The committee received 40 program proposals.
- Registration is about to open and will be through Lyrasis.
- The application for exhibitors/sponsors is on the web site http://pines.georgialibraries.org/evergreen2011/sponsor_info
- Will discuss possibility of next year's conference allowing for presentation proposals to be open to the community to view and vote on.
- (5 min) Documentation Interest Group report
- Next DIG meeting is planned for 2:30 p.m. EST in IRC. Current and future DIG members are encouraged to attend.
- Beginnings of 2.0 documentation is available here.
- The documentation site hosted at Mohawk College is having issues for some international users being able to access the site. Nobody in the meeting could help with the problem, so a message will be sent out to the list.
- (5 min) Reports Taskforce report [Ben Shum]
- Last meeting on 1/12/11, see minutes here.
- Next meeting is scheduled for February 9 at 2:30 p.m. EST.
- The task force will be working on contributing materials for inclusion in DIG as soon as they can.
- The committee also would like people to contribute more SQL reports. Send them along to Amy Terlaga, and she will post them to the web site.
- (5 min) Developer report
- The developers have been meeting weekly (http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:meetings), mostly focusing on 2.0.
- They have set up a security mailing list to discuss security problems that might come up.
- Post 2.0 discussion (e.g. new OPAC) has begun on the -dev mailing list.
- Action: Dan Scott to add link to security mailing list to web contact / mailing list info.
- (5 min) Governance Committee report
- Governance Committee met with Bradley Kuhn of the Software Freedom Conservancy.
- Elizabeth McKinney will be official liaison to the conservancy and Dan Scott will serve as backup.
- The committee agreed to donate 5% of funds that flow through Evergreen-earmarked account in the Conservancy.
- Agreement could be finalized within the next couple of weeks. Once it's finalized, we need to set up a page on the web site about donations or funding.
- (5 min) Schedule next meeting: March 1, 2011. 11:00 a.m. in America/Los Angeles, 2:00 p.m. in Canada/Eastern, 7:00 p.m. in UTC.
community/meetings/2011-01-25.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1