Table of Contents
Student Success Working Group, 20 May 2019
- Time: 10am Pacific / 11am Mountain / 12pm Central / 1pm Eastern
- Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://linnbenton.zoom.us/j/756736327
- Join by telephone: US: +1 669 900 6833 ; Canada: +1 647 558 0588 ; Czech Republic: +420 2 2888 2388
- Meeting ID: 756 736 327
- Attendees outside Canada and the U.S.
- Attendees in Eastern timezone
- Attendees in Central timezone
- Attendees in Mountain timezone
- Attendees in Pacific timezone
- Attendees who were missed / dialed in during introductions
Reserves / Course Materials Module
Treasure Valley Community College – with Linn-Benton Community College as a partner – received a $35,000 grant to improve the discovery process for materials used in courses. The project will go beyond a typical course reserves module, by bringing together course syllabi, open educational materials, library e-textbooks, and traditional course reserves. It will otherwise aim to start off as simple as possible, and rely on user testing to identify future areas of development.
At this point, the project's goals are:
- Improving the discovery process for students
- Highlighting OER, e-textbooks, online syllabi, etc. used by courses, not just traditional reserves textbooks
- Keeping the project simple and affordable
How can we accomplish this? What other considerations should go into the software requirements?