Table of Contents
Student Success Working Group, 16 February 2018
- Christine Burns, BC Libraries Coop
- James Fournie, Vancouver Community College
- Ron Gagnon, NOBLE
- Anna Goben, Evergreen Indiana
- Joan Kranich, C/W MARS
- Adrian Mitescu, University Canada West
- Sue Morin, College of the Rockies
- Cortney Newton, College of the Rockies
- Jane Sandberg, Linn-Benton Community College
- Elizabeth Thomsen, NOBLE
Goals of this group
- We adopted the following statement of our role:
- The Student Success Working Group shares information, performs assessment, and provides direction related to meeting student needs using Evergreen, with a particular focus on the needs of primary, secondary, and post-secondary students.
- One question that came up was how much impact this group will have in order to effect software development.
List of interests
We added and prioritized items on our list of Current priorities.
- We will meet quarterly, using zoom.
- Discussion about how to update the list of evergreen libraries
- Discussion about how to reach out to other academic and school libraries
- What is the role of an ILS/OPAC in an article-centric college environment?
- Creative ways to support information literacy goals using Evergreen?
- Has anybody been following development in Folio, OPALS, or student support-related features in Koha?
- What are the needs of students outside the U.S. and Canada?
- Elizabeth will find a place for our group at the Evergreen conference (perhaps a lightning talk or lunch)
- Jane will report back to the Evergreen Community about this meeting
student_success_working_group/minutes_2018-02-16.txt · Last modified: 2022/02/10 13:34 by 127.0.0.1